Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Questions about Driving to Ft. Collins

Default Re: Questions about Driving to Ft. Collins

If you are planning on going through WY I would recomend going 85 to spearfish I90 to gillette and then 75 to Douglas and then I25 to Ft Collins. 75 is easy to deal with and that route takes me just over 11 hours from Bismarck. This is the route I take when we drive down for Broncos games on a regular basis, just drove it 3 weeks ago and there was no road construction and 85 traffic wasn't terrible.

Lots of opinions here lol People keep saying interstate is the fastest. Which means going through Nebraska? That sounds like it adds like 2 hours to the trip tho?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

slow down for towns on 2 lanes bro..its a bitch

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Lots of opinions here lol People keep saying interstate is the fastest. Which means going through Nebraska? That sounds like it adds like 2 hours to the trip tho?
    Coming from FM area I would go Interstate the whole way if I could. I wish there was a route from Bismarck that would go interstate the whole way without going all the way to Billings.

It's ALL personal preference. Like I said earlier, I'd prefer to take interstate even if it's a little longer. But if you want scenery, lots of different ways to go. From Bismarck I'll always go to Belfield/Spearfish/Gillette/Douglas/Ft Collins, but lots of choices from Fargo. There's also 83 south from Sterling or 281 from Jamestown that nobody's mentioned...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    It's ALL personal preference. Like I said earlier, I'd prefer to take interstate even if it's a little longer. But if you want scenery, lots of different ways to go. From Bismarck I'll always go to Belfield/Spearfish/Gillette/Douglas/Ft Collins, but lots of choices from Fargo. There's also 83 south from Sterling or 281 from Jamestown that nobody's mentioned...
    Sounds like we should take interstate there. If it's not fast enough we can always experiment* on the way home.

*With the ROUTE, get your minds out of the gutter!
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    From Bismarck I'll always go to Belfield/Spearfish/Gillette/Douglas/Ft Collins, but lots of choices from Fargo.
    Easiest route I've ever driven...especially from Gillette South...the Passing lanes every 4 miles make life simple...and I've only ever seen 1 cop between Gillette and Douglas and there was an accident there.

Is going thru iowa considered interstate.....their speed limit up to 45 yet

From Bismarck, my preferred route is to Glen Ullin, south to Lemmon, by Faith, SD, then the secret short cut to New Underwood, then into Rapid City. From thee, there is a beautiful four lane highway south of Rapid, almost to the Nebraska border. Once you get to Scottsbluff, it is all four lane or interstate all the way to Fort Collins. I am guessing I am the only one taking this route.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    slow down for towns on 2 lanes bro..its a bitch

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    on 85 the only towns you slow down for are Bowman and Belle Fourche, Wyoming is Lusk and a couple of corners. speed limits are all 65+ if that even concerns anyone which is same speed limit for Iowa where they're sticklers about speed on their interstates! Most of it is still interstate the only part would be from Belfield to Belle Fourche and Sundance to Douglas. You will not lose 2 hours going this route.