Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bison Bar in Omaha, NE

Default Re: Bison Bar in Omaha, NE

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    How big is the Bison presence in Omaha?
    We had a pretty good crowd there for the playoff game in 2000!

533 In a row

Larz Thanks for the response!!

I reserved a TV at the Old Mattress Factory- All in the Omaha area are welcome, I'm a 2011 grad and I'm planning on there being 3 or 4 more there.

Go Bison !!

Quote Originally Posted by Larz View Post
    Any DJ's Dugout (we had a couple watch parties at the 114th & Dodge establishment)
    Union - a pizza place by the Tip top down by the TD Ameritrade stadium
    The Blatt Beer & Table
    Old Mattress Factory (favorite)
    Farrels (sp) down by Centry Link (used to be Quest)
    Stadium Club
    I've spent a lot of time in Omaha and any of these bars will be fine. Not sure you're going to find any bar with the game on with sound unless you brought a very large group there.

I'd advise you to go to try and go to some low key bars. Farrels is very low key (one of my favorites because it's right next to downtown). Obviously if the Nebraska game is on at the same time as the NDSU vs. CSU game, you're going to be out of luck. If that's the case, head to DJ's dugout and hope you can find a TV that will put the game on. DJ's has two locations and one is downtown that's very nice. More TV's that I've seen at any other bar I've been too. It opened up about a year ago. It's also right across the street from Farrels too if that helps. The Old Mattress Factory will be about 5-6 blocks from there which is easily doable.

Omaha is very underrated for it's food and nightlife. If you're looking for any food ideas let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutBisonPride View Post
    Larz Thanks for the response!!

I reserved a TV at the Old Mattress Factory- All in the Omaha area are welcome, I'm a 2011 grad and I'm planning on there being 3 or 4 more there.

Go Bison !!
    In about one year, my wife and I will be moving to Omaha. We will be looking for people to watch the games with then!
    Ho! A cheer for Green and Yellow!

Quote Originally Posted by extremerouge View Post
    In about one year, my wife and I will be moving to Omaha. We will be looking for people to watch the games with then!
    Congrats! I've heard that Omaha is really nice. Just don't go completely over to the Red side.

Congrats! I've heard that Omaha is really nice. Just don't go completely over to the Red side.
    Ummm, he's already extreme rouge...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Thanks, we are pretty excited. We really enjoyed our time there and look forward to getting down there and starting the next chapter.

I think I have to become somewhat of a Nebraska fan!

But that's probably enough thread drift...enjoy the game BisonPride. Hope you find several fellow Bison fans to watch with! I watched the national championship game there with a roomful of Bison fans so maybe the alumni association will have more information of something going on there again.
    Ho! A cheer for Green and Yellow!

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    I've spent a lot of time in Omaha and any of these bars will be fine. Not sure you're going to find any bar with the game on with sound unless you brought a very large group there.

I'd advise you to go to try and go to some low key bars. Farrels is very low key (one of my favorites because it's right next to downtown). Obviously if the Nebraska game is on at the same time as the NDSU vs. CSU game, you're going to be out of luck. If that's the case, head to DJ's dugout and hope you can find a TV that will put the game on. DJ's has two locations and one is downtown that's very nice. More TV's that I've seen at any other bar I've been too. It opened up about a year ago. It's also right across the street from Farrels too if that helps. The Old Mattress Factory will be about 5-6 blocks from there which is easily doable.

Omaha is very underrated for it's food and nightlife. If you're looking for any food ideas let me know.
    Underrated is an understatement. Omaha fking rocks.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Welcome to Omaha.

I have met up with Bison fans at DJ's. I usually call ahead and ask if they have the game and if they can get it. Dont know how the whole direct tv thing will work in town. Just show up early. I may be there if I can get away from work. Sea of red and a lot of optimism after the Martinez had a great game.