Page 8 of 95 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Voter fraud

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Voter fraud

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I doubt there will be suspensions. I can guarantee Bohl has known about this issue for quite some time. He let Jemison go based upon an investigation even prior to charges being brought. My guess is that this will be an internal type of discipline. If not, I think Bohl would have made suspensions prior to RMU game.
    Lets say a few of the guys on the list have had mary jane issues in the past that were also handled "internally" with a slap on the wrist. Does getting charged with voter fraud to legalize the stuff show the coachng staff you have grown up and moved on? Maybe some harsher "internal type of dicipline" at the beginning would have helped.

Default Re: KFGO Reporting Bison Football Players investigated for medical marijuana petition

what you should know is that the charges have been filed.

this is a big deal.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Default Re: KFGO Reporting Bison Football Players investigated for medical marijuana petition

Thank you North Dakota Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem and Secretary of State Al Jaeger for devoting your time to this. For had you not investigated this manner thoroughly the citizens of ND might have had to vote on the statutory initiative for medical marijuana which as we all know contains the word 'marijuana' and is by default bad. Again, thank you for protecting the people of ND.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Slow down people. This could be as simple as them signing a petition while at the RRV Fair or some other public forum and using there ND addresses when they aren't ND citizens. They may not have known any better, and likely did not have the proper "intent" to commit fraud. Their individual signatures would not have been notarized, but the petition itself has to be, at least as far as I am aware. There are probably many students/people who signed the petition without knowing exactly what the proper protocol/residence requirements were.

Strikes me as a minor issue at best, but likely to be blown out of proportion by the media!!
    This. A lot of the players listed are from out of state. If they signed their name on the ballot, then it's voter fraud. For some reason, I don't think they have had enough time to actively go about and push this petition as out of state residents, so I bet that this is the case. Hell, I'm a MN resident and some guy standing outside of Sunmart on University asked me to sign something so they could have the chance to put it up to vote. My view is that a lot of things should be left up to the voters, so I signed to give them that chance. I had no clue you couldn't do that if you are still claiming residency in another state, but yet live in Fargo. If this is what happened (and I bet it is) this is totally unnewsworthy and is a ploy to just make a bunch of news.

Everyone just needs to calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Does coach need to know. These guys are all adults, and the last time I checked this is the United States of America and it should be OK to be part of a request to change our laws. As far as petition drives go those collecting them have always left it up to me to read all the statements that I sign. They are just out there to get the petitions in front of people, not required to verify if I meet all the requirements to be able to sign.
    Seems to me lawyers in ND mostly come from UND and thus the reason this particular petition being prosecuted. Every petition drive has hundreds if not thousands of duplicate and non-qualified signatures. First the nature of this petition drive, then the fact some NDSU athletes were involved.
    If the AG went back and looked he could prosecute any and every petition drive including UND's name fiasco. This whole issue is politically motivated. And yes, I truly believe this!
    If a college athlete is working part-time and being compensated, I'd say the coach should and would want to know.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

BCI would have investigated, not Fargo/Cass County law enforcment.
    BCI did investigate.

http://www.ag.state.nd.us/documents/09-04-12.pdf
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Lets say a few of the guys on the list have had mary jane issues in the past that were also handled "internally" with a slap on the wrist. Does getting charged with voter fraud to legalize the stuff show the coachng staff you have grown up and moved on? Maybe some harsher "internal type of dicipline" at the beginning would have helped.
    Thank you for adding unsubstantiated rumors that could soil a players reputations/futures unfairly due to the public nature of this forum.

Slow down people. This could be as simple as them signing a petition while at the RRV Fair or some other public forum and using there ND addresses when they aren't ND citizens. They may not have known any better, and likely did not have the proper "intent" to commit fraud. Their individual signatures would not have been notarized, but the petition itself has to be, at least as far as I am aware. There are probably many students/people who signed the petition without knowing exactly what the proper protocol/residence requirements were.

Strikes me as a minor issue at best, but likely to be blown out of proportion by the media!!

This.

Voter fraud is a really sexy thing to charge, but it is not necessarily what everyone thinks it is.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    If a college athlete is working part-time and being compensated, I'd say the coach should and would want to know.
    The named players would have been interviewed by BCI investigators. If my read on most of the named players is correct, they let coach Bohl know of the investigation, and Coach Bohl may very well have talked to the BCI investigators during the investigative process.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Thank you for adding unsubstantiated rumors that could soil a players reputations/futures unfairly due to the public nature of this forum.
    Exactly what a f*****g moron.