Page 60 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Voter fraud

Default Re: Voter fraud

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    They could be expelled from NDSU for violating the code of student conduct...
    You're right, there is roughly a .0000005% chance of that happening.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    IMO the only way that no punishment makes sense is if these players have privately expressed their innocence to Bohl. If they told him straight out that the charges are BS and that they didn't do what they are accused of doing. But if that was the case, then why didn't Bohl say that during yesterdays presser? "These guys told me they were innocent, they claim to be innocent and I believe them. We'll let the legal process take it's course." But that's not what he said and Gene practically admitted that the players were guilty of putting names on a petition. I don't see how waiting on disciplining these guys does anything but delay the inevitable. Suspended them for the CSU game. Big deal if we lose it. In the scheme of things it's the one game we can afford to lose and still accomplish all of our goals. But beyond that, it should be done because it's the right thing to do. It's a misdemeanor but it's also fraud.

Fraud: deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.

This is what they are charged with. If these guys were busted cheating on an exam would it be any different? Wouldn't their academic careers be in jeopardy if they were caught cheating on exam? They'd definitely be suspended if they got caught cheating in a class, right? Maybe even expelled by the University. What they did was got caught cheating in real life only in real life they get the benefit of the doubt and they get to prove it during the legal process. They wouldn't have been so lucky if this was just on campus. I think I'm done posting on this for a while. It just pisses me off. We should be discussing repeating as champs not what our players got busted doing...again. I'm disappointing in the players involved. But mostly I'm disappointed and with Bohl and Gene and failing to set a good example.
    Read my previous post. NO ONE HAS BEEN CHARGED FOR ANY CRIME AS OF YESTERDAY AFTERNOON. How can you suspend players for an alleged crime if no formal charges have been filed yet? For all we know, the proscuter office won't even charge them for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    They could be expelled from NDSU for violating the code of student conduct...
    and why is craig bohl taking all of the heat?

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Read my previous post. NO ONE HAS BEEN CHARGED FOR ANY CRIME AS OF YESTERDAY AFTERNOON. How can you suspend players for an alleged crime if no formal charges have been filed yet? For all we know, the proscuter office won't even charge them for weeks.
    I certainly am NOT posting this to argue, but then why was this released yesterday by the AG's office saying..."Charges have been filed....." in this document?
    http://www.ag.state.nd.us/documents/09-04-12.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    I certainly am NOT posting this to argue, but then why was this released yesterday by the AG's office saying..."Charges have been filed....." in this document?
    http://www.ag.state.nd.us/documents/09-04-12.pdf
    Beats me. According to the Fourm, the cass county prosecuter's office said, "no charges have been filed as of Tuesday afternoon." I asked the question earlier. WTF is that all about?

Beats me. According to the Fourm, the cass county prosecuter's office said, "no charges have been filed as of Tuesday afternoon." I asked the question earlier. WTF is that all about?
    I sure hope you are basing your argument on the FOURM, not the Forum...just sayin'...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Just a little FYI. The Forum is not an acceptable reference.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Bohl and Taylor have the decision to suspend or not regardless of the charges. They are paid, in part, for having to make and subsequently answer for these decisions. They will have the a lot of people to answer to for these decisions, most notably the NCAA. What is unfortunate is the local media making this into a pity party for Jemison. That simply is not the story. Life isnt fair, and regardless of the class mistameanor ND calls what you did, if Bohl and Taylor say you're out, so be it.
    BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE THE DIFFERENCE!

So charges are expected. Big deal. We know it's coming, handle it now.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

I would be very surprised if this is on the NCAAs radar from a compliance perspective. This isn't related to a violation of NCAA rules and it's not even close to a Penn State type issue where they would get involved. Something of this magnitude probably happens hundreds of times per year across the country.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!