Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ndsu colorado state score predictions

Default Re: Ndsu colorado state score predictions

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Sounds like those 8 will sit. Bison pull off a close one 24-21.
    Where do you get your news. At the press conference, Bohl made it clear they will play this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    23-12 NDSU their kicker is the only reason it stays close

Spoke with Jay Kornegay the sports book director at LVH (formally the Hilton) and had a nice conversation about the game. He said he has heard nothing but positive things about NDSU. I asked him when the line would come out and he said early Saturday morning. Guess I will have to leave some money behind and have someone make a bet for me
    Can someone make a legal bet online? If so, where?

CSU fan wading into Bison-infested waters here...
    Really excited to host NDSU fans this weekend and looking forward to what I think will be a facinating game. Will be the toughest game on our schedule other than maybe Boise State.
    I've attended or watched every CSU game for the better part of two decades and what I saw last Saturday was an absolute breath of fresh air. Coach McElwain has repeatedly stated that the Rams did NOT play a good game vs. CU, but did enough to win. I can tell you the team has completely bought into the new staff and is playing with an energy I haven't seen in about 10 years.

The defense is physical, swarming and well-prepared. The defensive line was supposed to be a weak link but you wouldn't have known it watching the game against Colorado. The LBs are excellent and the DBs are of good quality. They tackled well versus the Buffs and their QB took an absolute beating. Rams did an excellent job of diagnosing plays, rallying to the ball and tackling.

The offense is still not where it needs to be but I saw development even within the CU game. The coaching staff made excellent adjustments at the half and dominated the rest of the game. I would guess the Rams will use a platoon of backs and a variety of formations to really push the run game. Strength on strength. Can't wait. McElwain use two and three TEs at a time and put them in motion to set up the run. Expect them to be measured in their passing game and they will, above all, try to protect the ball. Rams have an excellent punter and won't be afraid to play a field-position game.

Your Bison will be visiting a pretty amped up CSU squad. Given NDSU's pedigree of excellence and success versus FBS schools, I don't think McElwain will be overlooking the visitors this week. He said he circled this game on the schedule as soon as he saw it...he knows what you're capable of. One thing to consider: the Rams are in excellent condition and, as the CU game wore on, really began to physically dominate the Fluffs, er, Buffs in the fourth quarter. We are going 2-3 deep at every position and that (when combined with conditioning and altitude) could be a factor if the game is close in the late stages. Your team has a great tradition of giving FBS teams hell...I know you handled Minnesota last year in impressive fashion. To be blunt, that was a terrible Minnesota team and they still managed to put up 24 points against your defense. I'm not sure how to read that or how it translates to this weekend.

Can't wait for this weekend. We're going to see two very focused teams go nose-to-nose...this is what college football is all about! Fort Collins is a great town and I hope those travelling down for the game thoroughly enjoy their visit. Tip: we love our beer down here...if you like craft/micro brews, be sure to sample from the numerous tap handles you'll find. My favorites: anything from Odells Brewery.

Interested to hear your feedback...

After watching the UC/CSU game on Sat. it was apparent that CSU's defense is their strong point. We will have a hard time moving the ball against them, at least early on. On the other hand, their offense appears to be average at best. They will struggle to move the ball against us for the entire game. This will be a very low scoring game, especially the first half, something like 6-3 or 10-7 at halftime. We finally open things up in the second half and come away with the Win.

Bison 17
    Rams 10

I don't think that the Rams will move the ball overly well. I don't think we will either. On the bright side, our guys know how to win games. I am not sure that CSU quite does. I think that makes a difference.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Prior to today I was leaning toward NDSU; however, based with what is going on this week I am favoring CSU. CSU 34 NDSU 19 I hope I am wrong.

Prior to today NDSU 21 CSU 17

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabronie View Post
    Tip: we love our beer down here...if you like craft/micro brews, be sure to sample from the numerous tap handles you'll find. My favorites: anything from Odells Brewery.

Since I live in Denver, I and a couple others have posted brewery info; several on here are going on a tour or two. And yes, Odell's is awesome: IPA, 5 Barrel, and 90 Schilling in that order for me.

Definitely come and visit with Bison fans, you'll find them to be gracious and passionate for the most part...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Really excited to host NDSU fans this weekend and looking forward to what I think will be a facinating game. Will be the toughest game on our schedule other than maybe Boise State.
    I've attended or watched every CSU game for the better part of two decades and what I saw last Saturday was an absolute breath of fresh air. Coach McElwain has repeatedly stated that the Rams did NOT play a good game vs. CU, but did enough to win. I can tell you the team has completely bought into the new staff and is playing with an energy I haven't seen in about 10 years.

The defense is physical, swarming and well-prepared. The defensive line was supposed to be a weak link but you wouldn't have known it watching the game against Colorado. The LBs are excellent and the DBs are of good quality. They tackled well versus the Buffs and their QB took an absolute beating. Rams did an excellent job of diagnosing plays, rallying to the ball and tackling.

The offense is still not where it needs to be but I saw development even within the CU game. The coaching staff made excellent adjustments at the half and dominated the rest of the game. I would guess the Rams will use a platoon of backs and a variety of formations to really push the run game. Strength on strength. Can't wait. McElwain use two and three TEs at a time and put them in motion to set up the run. Expect them to be measured in their passing game and they will, above all, try to protect the ball. Rams have an excellent punter and won't be afraid to play a field-position game.

Your Bison will be visiting a pretty amped up CSU squad. Given NDSU's pedigree of excellence and success versus FBS schools, I don't think McElwain will be overlooking the visitors this week. He said he circled this game on the schedule as soon as he saw it...he knows what you're capable of. One thing to consider: the Rams are in excellent condition and, as the CU game wore on, really began to physically dominate the Fluffs, er, Buffs in the fourth quarter. We are going 2-3 deep at every position and that (when combined with conditioning and altitude) could be a factor if the game is close in the late stages. Your team has a great tradition of giving FBS teams hell...I know you handled Minnesota last year in impressive fashion. To be blunt, that was a terrible Minnesota team and they still managed to put up 24 points against your defense. I'm not sure how to read that or how it translates to this weekend.

Can't wait for this weekend. We're going to see two very focused teams go nose-to-nose...this is what college football is all about! Fort Collins is a great town and I hope those travelling down for the game thoroughly enjoy their visit. Tip: we love our beer down here...if you like craft/micro brews, be sure to sample from the numerous tap handles you'll find. My favorites: anything from Odells Brewery.

And against a terrible Kansas team 2 years ago we held them to 3 points...while they put up 52 on the Fluffs errr Buffs in the same year.

I don't think you can put too much stock in game to game stats but rather a larger body of work (IE past few seasons as a whole)

It is definitely going to be a good game!

Going into last year's Minnesota game, I felt VERY confident about our chances. I am confident this week too, but not to the extent I was last year.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Where do you get your news. At the press conference, Bohl made it clear they will play this weekend.
    I could of swore a reporter asked so those players sit saturday, and Bohl said yes. I guess I was mistaken.

Nice post!!!! I think this should be a very good game.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."