Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ndsu colorado state score predictions

Default Re: Ndsu colorado state score predictions

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Most would say it was our defense that propelled us to the championship last year.

In response to our defense vs the run, I will give a game by game breakdown on last years defense vs the run

Lafayette avg 100.5 Ran for 54
    St Francis avg 204 Ran for 66
    Minnesota avg 160 Ran for 168
    Ill St avg 183.3 Ran for 127
    SIU avg 183.1 Ran for 128
    Missouri St avg 142.2 Ran for 141
    SDSU avg 83.5 Ran for 63
    UNI avg 167.8 Ran for 53
    Ind St avg 181.9 Ran for 124
    YSU avg 231 Ran for 214
    Western Ill avg 140.4 Ran for 210 (only true blemish...but was also last game of season)

PLAYOFFS
    James Madison avg 220.2 Ran for 84
    Lehigh avg 129 Ran for 68
    Georgia Southern avg 323.5 Ran for 186 (this team also ran for 300 against Alabama)
    Sam Houston avg 255.9 Ran for 95

So, as you can see, you are in for a big surprise if you think CSU can run all over us. Our pride is in hitting hard and hitting often in the run game. As you can see, in the playoffs, the defense turned their run D up another notch or ten and just utterly shut down some VERY good running teams.

Sagarin Rankings have NDSU ranked 72nd (69.88) and CSU ranked 117th (59.85). Giving you guys 3 pts for home field that would make us appx 7 pt favorites based off computer models. To reference that to last year, we would have been 17 pt favorites based on last years rankings.
    I wasn't suggesting we would run all over you, just that we have a formidable run game. And thanks for the update re: statistics, it's always interesting to learn what an opponent's strenghts are. If there's one thing I can tell you, it's that McElwain has really changed the culture of the CSU program. If Fairchild were still HC, I doubt we would win.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by craigram1 View Post
    I wasn't suggesting we would run all over you, just that we have a formidable run game. And thanks for the update re: statistics, it's always interesting to learn what an opponent's strenghts are. If there's one thing I can tell you, it's that McElwain has really changed the culture of the CSU program, and I don't doubt we would have dropped this game to you guys last season.
    Sorry, I wasn't intending to infer you were making claims that you would run all over us. I should have edited it to say "People are in for a big surprise if they think CSU can run all over us"

Welcome to the board!

Bison win 14-13. Both defenses are tough to score on. 10+ punts.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Howdy, craigram1. Well, a lot of the fun of this week has been washed away already.

Coaches usually don't overlook NDSU - the players do. Apparently, Minnesota managed to do it three times.
    Our players better take this game seriously, or we will go down like CU did to Montana State in '06. And regarding Minnesota, you guys are just a better team altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Craigram,

Our defense is about as good as it gets and will be one of the tougher defenses you will face all year (you probably won't believe me but it is true). We have a phenomenal defensive back field and a really good line. Our linebackers are really good as well, but we are thin at that position. I read an article talked about the MWC and it indicated CSU's second toughest game of 2012 will be against NDSU and that was written by an unbiased person (wish I remember where i read that two weeks ago). By the way sagarin has us winning for what that is worth and had us projected much higher than you at the end of last year.

The last time we had a team this good face what is a comparable in my mind was in 2007 at Central Michigan which won the MAC. We destroyed them by 30 and it wasn't even that close at their place. This victory and others against FBS schools are the reason we are confident. I think most NDSU fans believe if we face a mid major or lower half BCS team we have a great chance to win and feel like we should win.
    No, I certainly believe you regarding your D. The talent gap between the FBS and FCS is not as wide as people like to think, not to mention, NDSU is the best team in the FCS. I also agree that this will be one of our toughest games this season.

NDSU blows out CSU = 15%
    NDSU wins a close game = 45%
    CSU wins a close game = 30%
    CSU blows out NDSU = 10%

The distraction of recent off the field events will melt away once it's gameday.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Provided we have our team intact...this will be 28-21 Bison.

However...the CSU players looked pretted damned stout on both the offensive & defensive line. Linebackers looked good. They also appear to have a big running back with some athleticism. We'll have some trouble with their short passing game. Their QB appears be mostly a short pass threat. Receivers look pretty athletic.

This is, in reality, a tossup.

I'm more than happy to discuss the game after today's big discussion.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

23-12 NDSU their kicker is the only reason it stays close

Spoke with Jay Kornegay the sports book director at LVH (formally the Hilton) and had a nice conversation about the game. He said he has heard nothing but positive things about NDSU. I asked him when the line would come out and he said early Saturday morning. Guess I will have to leave some money behind and have someone make a bet for me

reformedUNDfan is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    What schools would he "not" start for is a better question. I doubt there are many......maybe in the SEC?
    LSU, alabama, usc, maybe msu, a couple others.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Wow, the defense sure hit another gear in the playoffs!
    they got healthy, and the starters stayed in all game. This is why I am on the record with back-to back undefeated seasons, when they are healthy and on the field, the front line team is as good as any in fcs history.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan11 View Post
    NDSU-17
    CSU-10

The Bison offense struggles at times against a better opponent. However Colorado State's offense doesn't have any fire power to be much of a threat to NDSU's D.
    You mean better than RMU, right?