Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold Rush: Then and Now

Default Gold Rush: Then and Now

I was looking back at some photos from the 2007 season and wanted to show everyone what a huge change that has occurred by the fans in the stands in only 5 years. Neither of the photos below are of the student section which are always predominantly wearing yellow, but even that has improved.

First off, a sold out Fargodome for the season opener vs. SFA in 2007 which was supposed to be a "Yellow Out". This is the north end of the west side, which actually was the most yellow-clad at this game besides the student section.

Next up, the Gold Rush for 2012. This is the south end of the east side:

While it may not intimidate visiting teams, it sure looks awesome!
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Default Re: Gold Rush: Then and Now

Guy in front of us was wearing a U of Hawaii shirt and cap. I didn't even know they had that many fans, let alone in Fargo.

"Didn't I show you things you've never done before..."
    https://youtu.be/t3JJb9cjGOk

As long as the team is good, and people get used to following directions, I think participation will keep up. Love it.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

You couldn't see where the student section ended or began. I think it looks amazing! I wonder why there is more buy in now? Honestly I think a lot has to do with availability of gold shirts. Back in 2007, most stores still had a majority of green stock. Good communication too

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    You couldn't see where the student section ended or began. I think it looks amazing! I wonder why there is more buy in now? Honestly I think a lot has to do with availability of gold shirts. Back in 2007, most stores still had a majority of green stock. Good communication too
    You would have thought the National Championship in 2006 would have helped more.
    Supporting the ticket of SDBison/Carson Wentz for President in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisondan View Post
    You would have thought the National Championship in 2006 would have helped more.
    I think we saw people buy into the color scheme before the national championship, although the Championship probably put us over the top.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I wore yellow because PL only served teh tailgate to those wearing yellow. Green did not make the PL cut!
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    I wore yellow because PL only served teh tailgate to those wearing yellow. Green did not make the PL cut!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bisondan View Post
    hahahaha...good one! In those days getting the "word out" about "yellow out/gold rush" games was difficult, and as was pointed out, finding gold/yellow shirts wasnt easy!

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

the Gold Rush has worked out awesome.