Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So lets say that it happens..

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default So lets say that it happens..

If there are suspensions or dismissals from the team. Here is my take on what we could do.

Defense
    Marcus Williams replaced by Andre Martin Jr.
    Brendin Pierre replaced by Christian Dudzik (move him back to CB).
    We also have Zach Colvin, CJ Smith, and Jordan Champion, who I know a lot of people are high on.
    Plus we would probably see the red shirt coming off of one of Brantley, Liekhus, or Smith.
    Since we moved Dudzik back to CB, and Shephard is out. Start Ollman at FS alongside Heagle (or Heagle at FS, Ollman at SS).
    We pull the redshirt on Jacob Davis to take Rodgers spot in our LB rotation.

Offense
    Zach Johnson or LaVoy takes over for Colville at LG. (They are battling anyways)
    Crockett, Lang, Dinwidde, and Jones take over for Ojuri. Everyone just moves ahead a spot on the depth chart.

Lose a lot of depth, and some play making. But overall, we would still be a very solid team. Lets just hope we don't have to worry about any of this.

See you all in Fort Collins, GO BISON.
    Last edited by tolnabison; 09-05-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Default Re: So lets say that it happens..

Ugh, that made me sick. We would have no CBs left! I'd love to see Zach Colvin play. Kid hits like Heagle. We can't afford to lose any more depth at OG until LaVoy comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    If there are suspensions or dismissals from the team. Here is my take on what we could do.

Defense
    Jordan Champion takes over as our Nickel.
    Plus we would probably see the red shirt coming off of Brantley, Liekhus, or Smith.
    Since we moved Dudzik back to CB, and Shephard is out. Start Ollman at FS alongside Heagle (or Heagle at FS, Ollman at SS).

Offense
    Zach Johnson takes over for Colville at LG. (They are battling anyways)
    Crockett, Lang, Dinwidde, and Jones take over for Ojuri. Everyone just moves ahead a spot on the depth chart.

Lose a lot of depth, and some play making. But overall, we would still be a very solid team. Lets just hope we don't have to worry about any of this.

Give it a rest already. Nothing will come of this. This is nothing more than dumb college kids screwing off at their part-time summer job. That is how the prosecution team and the judge will look at this and it will be nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think you missed the point of the OP's post. The legal process aside, if the guyss are gone we will be ok. No need to panic...

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Ugh, that made me sick. We would have no CBs left! I'd love to see Zach Colvin play. Kid hits like Heagle. We can't afford to lose any more depth at OG until LaVoy comes back.
    Your right I forgot about Colvin at CB, LaVoy at LG, and also CJ Smith at CB. So truthfully the talent is still there, and also the depth isn't as bad as we think. It the experience and skills we would be lacking. I think CJ Smith, Colvin, and Champion would be playing for a lot of teams at our level. They are just stuck behind Marcus, Pierre, Martin, and Boyd. All Juniors or Seniors.

Defense
    Jordan Champion takes over as our Nickel.
    Plus we would probably see the red shirt coming off of Brantley, Liekhus, or Smith.

Offense
    Zach Johnson takes over for Colville at LG. (They are battling anyways)

We could weather suspensions but dismissals would set the team back a year. I would put the odds of dismissals at about 4% anyway

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I beleive that C J Smith was redshirted last year. He is not a true freshman.

Defense
    We also have Zach Colvin, CJ Smith, and Jordan Champion, who I know a lot of people are high on.
    Plus we would probably see the red shirt coming off of one of Brantley, Liekhus, or Smith.

Offense
    Zach Johnson or LaVoy takes over for Colville at LG. (They are battling anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    We could weather suspensions but dismissals would set the team back a year. I would put the odds of dismissals at about 4% anyway
    You think it really set us back a whole year? I just don't see how we wouldn't finish in the top 3 in the MVFC still. Are whole front seven is back for the next two years. Heagle and Dudzik are back for another year. You lose Colville and Ojuri from offense. So basically we would lose 4 out of 22 starters that played against RMU. I just don't think losing Marcus makes us totally lose a year in the program. I mean hes a great player, but doesn't kill a season.

Marcus is the anchor on d...and qbs know throwing to his side of the field isnt an option...if hes not there..that frees up that side of the field.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

You think it really set us back a whole year? I just don't see how we wouldn't finish in the top 3 in the MVFC still. Are whole front seven is back for the next two years. Heagle and Dudzik are back for another year. You lose Colville and Ojuri from offense. So basically we would lose 4 out of 22 starters that played against RMU. I just don't think losing Marcus makes us totally lose a year in the program. I mean hes a great player, but doesn't kill a season.
    We would be losing our top 3 corners as well as an all American who changes the way teams attack us. We would be losing our starting free safety who would have to make a position switch in the middle of the year. Ollman wont be able to play linebacker like hes doing right now. Depth would go from a strength to a weakness overnight.

The running game would take a hit.

Not to mention we would lose a year of eligibility from some really good players which hurts us down the road.

We're better equipped to handle it than other teams but we would do no better than 3rd place. The conference is very very strong

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com