Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes needed to tailgating lot

Default Re: Changes needed to tailgating lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Fargodome parking people were not following the tailgating rules, first come first serve is the rule in the west lot, if you want to park with your buddies you have to wait until you're all together. We got there at approximately 10 after 1 and must have just barely made it. I don't care if people want to have more spots, but they shouldn't be allowed to park a cooler, chair, a beanbag board and a grill to "save" spots until 2 when their buddies show up, seems like most of them got filled in eventually wasn't like there were a lot of open spaces, so that wasn't the issue.

As someone mentioned it seemed like there were open spots but when you pull in somebody would say this is saved! We don't drink so wouldn't been that big of deal if we ended up on the east side but it's nice to be on the west because our seats are on the west and we have to go west on 19th is the fastest way for us to get on the road home. If we end up on the east side we have to take a long route to get back to I-29. I guess I wasn't overly pleased with how they handled the parking situation in the west lot, it seemed like it was a little bit like anything goes. Which pretty much was the case when it was grass lot too.

I'm guessing in a couple years they'll have more reserved parking for the bigger group tailgators?
    If I buy 5 spots I have every right in the world to put whatever the hell I want in them until my group can make it, get there earlier if you want better spots. Anyone who didn't foresee a huge crowd and plan accordingly has no one to blame but themselves
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    If I buy 5 spots I have every right in the world to put whatever the hell I want in them until my group can make it, get there earlier if you want better spots. Anyone who didn't foresee a huge crowd and plan accordingly has no one to blame but themselves
    I think he was saying people were saving spots that weren't paid for yet.

Quote Originally Posted by coldspot View Post
    I think he was saying people were saving spots that weren't paid for yet.
    Yes but how would you know if hey did or didn't unless they stopped and check everyone tickets, and if he did that h had a boring tailgate experiene
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I had a similar experience yesterday. We got to the lot about ten after one and couldn't find a spot. We saw people saving spots, which I have no problem with if they are paid for.

Last year we were able to show up 4hrs before game time and could still find plenty of open spots. We were mostly surprised that none were left. Luckily a gracious group let us use two of their reserved spots. It turned out to be killdeerbison. Thanks again killdeer!

If demand continues to be high, they will raise prices first and then go to some reservation system, and I'm fine with that.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

I never really noticed before, but there's a lot of people that park on the east side and walk over to the west lots with coolers, etc. I probably saw about 150 people walk past in the five minutes I was getting my camera gear ready around 2:00 in the north lot.

Maybe it's time to make the east lot the tailgating area?
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

I was originally against reservations. We had no issues because we were early. The current system is inefficient in utilizing space. At $3a spot, why wouldn't somebody pay for 20 spots to have plenty of room?

If you had to pay more and commit for the season, you would encourage the "Parker's" to park to the east and carry coolers. I know, I parked a row away from my group and used a spot.

With reserved spaces, you don't need security to check people, the neighbors end up doing it for them. Take somebody's spot and they know and people either move or get an official to square it away.

Our group rolled in at 12:45 and were a little disappointed to see the lot already 80% full. We have a tow vehicle, a trailer, 2 tents, grill, etc, so we like to spread out a little bit - I'd say on average we get anywhere from 25-50 people stopping by throughout the day, so we like to spread out a little bit. We bought 8 tickets at the gate, and were very lucky to find 8 spots together - a few more minutes and we wouldn't have. So we obviously have concerns as well. How about this idea:

Step #1 - the spots on the lot need to actually get numbered

Step #2 - NDSU sets up a webpage where on Monday morning of gameweek, you go online and purchase the actual spots you want to use that week. You could do it exactly like how you pick seats for airlines - the spots are green and when they get purchased they turn red or something like that. You pay for your spots and print out your receipt at home. That would avoid the need for squatters, cones, chairs, whatever during the mad rush at 1 PM. It would eliminate the mad rush for that matter. NDSU could actually make more money since they could charge a "convenience fee" online like every other online purchase in world.

Step #3 - it is still "first come - first served"...sort of, you have to get your parking tix early in the week instead of early in the day.

frisco cruiser likes its new spot.

that sounds like a great idea. Let's call some people and make it happen.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Did anybody else notice the reserved spaces were a lot narrower this year? They are so narrow that you can not park two veihicles next to each other if people wat to exit or not get severe door dings.
    Keep your expectations low enough and you will always be happy with the results