Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes needed to tailgating lot

Default Re: Changes needed to tailgating lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Imagine that, a huge portion of taxpayers that helped pay for the Fargodome and the parking lots want to use the parking lots for tailgating and pay an additional fee for parking along with a ticket cost that will support both NDSU and the city of Fargo. But the taxpayers have little or no say in it and are barred from expansion because the minority anti alcohol group and bureaucrats oppose it.
    Would be interesting to learn the demand for tailgating in Fargo (Fargodome) when the Bison are playing away from Fargo. And televise the games on the brand new video boards and sell beer. Of course, the Fargodome would have to be available.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Imagine that, a huge portion of taxpayers that helped pay for the Fargodome and the parking lots want to use the parking lots for tailgating and pay an additional fee for parking along with a ticket cost that will support both NDSU and the city of Fargo. But the taxpayers have little or no say in it and are barred from expansion because the minority anti alcohol group and bureaucrats oppose it.
    I dont think the tax payers are allowed to set up and drink during the middle of the week either. Even in the west lot. So that scenario really goes no where.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Heres a question I asked before but nobody wanted to breech the subject.

How many people park in the GA lot who dont have tickets to the game? Eliminating those interlopers would add more spaces for those that actually have tickets.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I dont think the tax payers are allowed to set up and drink during the middle of the week either. Even in the west lot. So that scenario really goes no where.
    You are completely wrong! it happens before every home Redhawks game. Tailgating with alcohol and No security on NDSU/city property.

Heres a question I asked before but nobody wanted to breech the subject.

How many people park in the GA lot who dont have tickets to the game? Eliminating those interlopers would add more spaces for those that actually have tickets.
    To me a ticket to the game and tailgating are two different things. I have season tickets and a reserved tailgating spot. I tell friends all the time to come and tailgate with us and if they do not have a ticket leave in time to get back home (f/m area) or get to a bar to watch the game. I love to see people tailgating and if they are doing without a ticket to the game is their choice. They still experience Bison game day and tailgating at least.
    But to really answer your question, I have no idea how many.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    To me a ticket to the game and tailgating are two different things. I have season tickets and a reserved tailgating spot. I tell friends all the time to come and tailgate with us and if they do not have a ticket leave in time to get back home (f/m area) or get to a bar to watch the game. I love to see people tailgating and if they are doing without a ticket to the game is their choice. They still experience Bison game day and tailgating at least.
    But to really answer your question, I have no idea how many.
    But are these tailgaters you are inviting taking up parking spots that ticket holders should get? People parking else where and walking in to tailgate isnt what Im talking about.

But are these tailgaters you are inviting taking up parking spots that ticket holders should get? People parking else where and walking in to tailgate isnt what Im talking about.
    First one to pay for the parking spot gets it. To me it is that simple. The GA lot should charge more for the spots and maybe non-ticket holders would not pay for it.

I don't ask where they park. They just know where my spot is.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I like to donate my $5 for parking to the boy scout troops who take care of the parking lots just west of the tailgate area.

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Are you serious? Police/security enforces a tear down time and entrance to the stadium? We have nothing like this in Ames. I can't even imagine someone trying to enforce it. In fact, for the bi-annual home game with Iowa, there will be as many people in the tailgate lots during the game as there are in the stadium. We have a tailgate before the game, another during the game for folks who don't have tickets and watch on TV, and then another after the game. You guys have some issues up there.
    You guys also bring in our (USAW) friends from "HD on the Go" to broadcast the game in the tailgating area:

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    First one to pay for the parking spot gets it. To me it is that simple. The GA lot should charge more for the spots and maybe non-ticket holders would not pay for it.

I don't ask where they park. They just know where my spot is.
    So youre ok with people who dont have tickets taking way spots of those that do? HMmmmm