Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes needed to tailgating lot

Default Re: Changes needed to tailgating lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I agree some would rather go that route and I wish the powers that be would just expand...but we are dealing with a climate where NDSU's president is on the chopping block for doing a good job. The system is pretty messed up right now...
    It's ND.......one step forward and then two back.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    It's ND.......one step forward and then two back.
    And the step forward happens only if pushed...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Why not raise the price of each spot in the (alcohol permitted) GA lot to 10 or 20 bucks a spot for the high demand games (home opener, homecoming, etc.)? This could, in effect, increase the supply by reducing the number of wasted spots...people who purchase more spots than they need or use spots just to park their vehicles because they're cheap. Increased revenue to the dome or NDSU (or whoever gets the parking money).

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I agree some would rather go that route and I wish the powers that be would just expand...but we are dealing with a climate where NDSU's president is on the chopping block for doing a good job. The system is pretty messed up right now...
    That brings up the talk of beer in the dome at this time last season. Haven't heard a word this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    That brings up the talk of beer in the dome at this time last season. Haven't heard a word this year.
    I also remember them talking about making tailgating shorter if they allowed beer in the dome. That was not funny.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I just dont understand the angst for the police-security? I hardly ever see them and when I do I always have a pretty good interaction with them.
    For me it was when Vettel threatened to take me to jail for me apologizing for my friends smart-ass comment. Then not believing I was 21 (I was 39 at the time), then not believing my ID was real, then ultimately telling me that he could detain me for up to 48 hours without any cause whatsoever.

What exactly did I say you ask? I said "I'm sorry for my friends smart ass comment" which prompted him to ask me if I'd like to go to jail. I was shocked and asked "what did I do" and he responded with "you know EXACTLY what you did" to which I responded, "I'm sorry, I really don't know what I did that warrants being arrested" as I sat down on the golf cart waiting for him to call in my license.

I sent an email the following Monday to both him and the Chief. I politely asked what exactly I had done wrong, freely admitted that I may have done something that I don't recall or didn't even realize I did. Said I would just like to know for future reference. What I got was an angry phone call from Vettel shouting at me asking why the hell I CC'ed his boss on the email and to tell me I knew EXACTLY what I did wrong. However, after that exchange I never really saw him around our area again at the tailgate lot. And now he left the police force for a job on the WF Parks board.

Hopefully with him gone from the police force things will settle down a little.

Quote Originally Posted by pwbnd View Post
    Why not raise the price of each spot in the (alcohol permitted) GA lot to 10 or 20 bucks a spot for the high demand games (home opener, homecoming, etc.)? This could, in effect, increase the supply by reducing the number of wasted spots...people who purchase more spots than they need or use spots just to park their vehicles because they're cheap. Increased revenue to the dome or NDSU (or whoever gets the parking money).
    That's not really an issue. I believe for GA they limit buses, RVs, and vehicles with trailers to purchasing 4 spots max and single vehicles to purchasing 2 spots max. The GA section of the lot is generally more condensed with much less unused spots than the NW corner of the lot that's all reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    That's not really an issue. I believe for GA they limit buses, RVs, and vehicles with trailers to purchasing 4 spots max and single vehicles to purchasing 2 spots max. The GA section of the lot is generally more condensed with much less unused spots than the NW corner of the lot that's all reserved.
    They do nothing of the sort, trust us. We've been buying 8-10 spots for about 7-8 years now. Which is honestly the reason we come so early....we need the space.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    They do nothing of the sort, trust us. We've been buying 8-10 spots for about 7-8 years now. Which is honestly the reason we come so early....we need the space.
    I see. Buses/RVs must be different then because I've been told I can't get more than 2 when coming in with a single vehicle loaded up with gear and a group we tailgate with that pulls a trailer has been told they can't get more than 4 before. Regardless, the space in the GA lot gets used generally more efficiently than most of the reserved lot(s).

If your car is basically used to carry gear to the trailer, why do you need more than 2?