Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes needed to tailgating lot

Default Changes needed to tailgating lot

I get to the tailgating lot at 1:15, a whopping 15 minutes after the lot opened and it was sold out. Like hundreds of other people I had to set up on the east side. It didn't piss me off that it was sold out. Actually I was happy. What pissed me off is..

1) No overflow lot that allows drinking
    2) Half the spots used were just for parked cars and no rigs

What can they do to fix this? I don't know but here are a few suggestions:

1) Create a backup section on the east side where you can drink
    2) Encourage car pooling
    3) Charge more. That would encourage people to park on the east side. Maybe advertise "parking" on the east and "tailgating" on the west
    4) Sell some more season passes. I would gladly pay a premium price.

I was talking to other people on the east and they were pissed off too. I ended up walking over to the west anyway but still c'mon!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: Changes needed to tailgating lot

we got in a good 45 minutes before we are normally allowed.

not that im complaining.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yeah, if they wouldn't have opened up the lot early, the traffic line would have gotten real messy.

We hopped in line 45 minutes early (back of the line started moving in 15 min later) and were backed up pretty far.

My only real issue was people 'reserving' spots wherever they want. Created a lot of confusion early on. Twice, I pulled up to a spot that seemed open only to have a guy just standing there saying 'these x spaces are taken.' One was nice about it and one was a real asshole. There needs to be a more uniform way to get people to spots...something like assigned spots when you purchase them (IE buy 3 spots and get the ones numbered 103, 104, 105) that way traffic can come in easier and people don't have to work to find 4 spots that people haven't already 'claimed'

I would agree with somehow assigning spots. I know it would be a headache for them, but it would be much easier for tailgaters as a whole. There was no one coming around checking to see if you paid for 2 spots or 10. We paid for the 8 we took up, but I'm sure people got away with more. I liked the reserved/premium pass idea. I'd gladly pay more to know I have so many spots reserved and to know where my spots are all the time. I also agree that it shouldn't be used as a parking lot. I saw way too many single cars coming in there with one person in them. Maybe designate the back row to just single car parking? Not sure what else to do with that situation. Loved the new lot though!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just charge more than the standard parking lot, and that would discourage people from using it to just park their cars there and walk to the reserved lot. Regardless, I had no problems getting my spots today. Got in line at Newman around noonish and starting moving about 12:30...

Fargodome parking people were not following the tailgating rules, first come first serve is the rule in the west lot, if you want to park with your buddies you have to wait until you're all together. We got there at approximately 10 after 1 and must have just barely made it. I don't care if people want to have more spots, but they shouldn't be allowed to park a cooler, chair, a beanbag board and a grill to "save" spots until 2 when their buddies show up, seems like most of them got filled in eventually wasn't like there were a lot of open spaces, so that wasn't the issue.

As someone mentioned it seemed like there were open spots but when you pull in somebody would say this is saved! We don't drink so wouldn't been that big of deal if we ended up on the east side but it's nice to be on the west because our seats are on the west and we have to go west on 19th is the fastest way for us to get on the road home. If we end up on the east side we have to take a long route to get back to I-29. I guess I wasn't overly pleased with how they handled the parking situation in the west lot, it seemed like it was a little bit like anything goes. Which pretty much was the case when it was grass lot too.

I'm guessing in a couple years they'll have more reserved parking for the bigger group tailgators?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonnation11 View Post
    I would agree with somehow assigning spots. I know it would be a headache for them, but it would be much easier for tailgaters as a whole. There was no one coming around checking to see if you paid for 2 spots or 10. We paid for the 8 we took up, but I'm sure people got away with more. I liked the reserved/premium pass idea. I'd gladly pay more to know I have so many spots reserved and to know where my spots are all the time. I also agree that it shouldn't be used as a parking lot. I saw way too many single cars coming in there with one person in them. Maybe designate the back row to just single car parking? Not sure what else to do with that situation. Loved the new lot though!
    I would say they need to direct "bigger" rigs to the east and single cars trucks to the west. I don't know why they can't have personnel like a lot of other events where they have people directing you where to park. It would organize it a lot better an allow them to shut off the tap better when the lot is full... Like today how did they know it was full, did they go by the tickets they sold, seemed like there were a lot of people that came in after us that I'm not sure ever found a spot due to people saving.

Would love to have say a season pass for whatever parking lot you wanted to park in. West lot is convenient for us to get out and get on the road home without adding to the traffic load on a road which doesn't really benefit us or the people trying to direct traffic out.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I get to the tailgating lot at 1:15, a whopping 15 minutes after the lot opened and it was sold out. Like hundreds of other people I had to set up on the east side. It didn't piss me off that it was sold out. Actually I was happy. What pissed me off is..

1) No overflow lot that allows drinking
    2) Half the spots used were just for parked cars and no rigs

What can they do to fix this? I don't know but here are a few suggestions:

1) Create a backup section on the east side where you can drink
    2) Encourage car pooling
    3) Charge more. That would encourage people to park on the east side. Maybe advertise "parking" on the east and "tailgating" on the west
    4) Sell some more season passes. I would gladly pay a premium price.

I was talking to other people on the east and they were pissed off too. I ended up walking over to the west anyway but still c'mon!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Fargodome parking people were not following the tailgating rules, first come first serve is the rule in the west lot, if you want to park with your buddies you have to wait until you're all together. We got there at approximately 10 after 1 and must have just barely made it. I don't care if people want to have more spots, but they shouldn't be allowed to park a cooler, chair, a beanbag board and a grill to "save" spots until 2 when their buddies show up, seems like most of them got filled in eventually wasn't like there were a lot of open spaces, so that wasn't the issue.

As someone mentioned it seemed like there were open spots but when you pull in somebody would say this is saved! We don't drink so wouldn't been that big of deal if we ended up on the east side but it's nice to be on the west because our seats are on the west and we have to go west on 19th is the fastest way for us to get on the road home. If we end up on the east side we have to take a long route to get back to I-29. I guess I wasn't overly pleased with how they handled the parking situation in the west lot, it seemed like it was a little bit like anything goes. Which pretty much was the case when it was grass lot too.

I'm guessing in a couple years they'll have more reserved parking for the bigger group tailgators?
    Contact Simmers and apprise him of the situation.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Yeah, if they wouldn't have opened up the lot early, the traffic line would have gotten real messy.

We hopped in line 45 minutes early (back of the line started moving in 15 min later) and were backed up pretty far.

My only real issue was people 'reserving' spots wherever they want. Created a lot of confusion early on. Twice, I pulled up to a spot that seemed open only to have a guy just standing there saying 'these x spaces are taken.' One was nice about it and one was a real asshole. There needs to be a more uniform way to get people to spots...something like assigned spots when you purchase them (IE buy 3 spots and get the ones numbered 103, 104, 105) that way traffic can come in easier and people don't have to work to find 4 spots that people haven't already 'claimed'
    the one was a real richard huh its like that movie angus says all ways remember this words and live by them eff em i dont give a shit what anybody says hhoney badger dont care