Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports Network's playoff prediction

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Sports Network's playoff prediction

Default Re: Sports Network's playoff prediction

Montana State with the #1 Seed?? Really? Based on what?? We aren't seeded at all? Interesting.......
    "We will choke their ass out, we will get our victory and we will sing the Rouser."

-Tim Brewster 10/20/2007 about 10:00am (BTN)

THE "90BISON" - In case there is ANY confusion.......

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    For us not to get seeded would mean 3+ losses. Thats a possibility but very slim. Doing a playoff projection this early is just ridiculous.
    COACH BOHL: We have a great, rich tradition at North Dakota State. The school has won eight National Championships in football. And so we've got a lot of pride, not only with these guys ‑‑ and D.J. alluded to it ‑‑ Bison pride. That goes all the way back to the '60s, I believe 1965.

Quote Originally Posted by 90BISON View Post
    Montana State with the #1 Seed?? Really? Based on what?? We aren't seeded at all? Interesting.......
    If McGhee gets his game together they could be a tough team.
    COACH BOHL: We have a great, rich tradition at North Dakota State. The school has won eight National Championships in football. And so we've got a lot of pride, not only with these guys ‑‑ and D.J. alluded to it ‑‑ Bison pride. That goes all the way back to the '60s, I believe 1965.

Atleast they gave us a first round bye and hosting a 2nd round playoff game. Love how they put Youngstown in the second round also.. and UNI as pretty much the last seed in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by 90BISON View Post
    based on the fact that if montana state doesnt get drubbed at home by montana, they would've been the 2 seed last year...

b15on is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not only is NDSU unseeded, but also placed so that they would face the "number one" Montana State in the next round. The way I understand it is that they're one of the two worst of the unseeded teams who received a first-round bye (Stony Brook being the other).

Quote Originally Posted by b15on View Post
    Not only is NDSU unseeded, but also placed so that they would face the "number one" Montana State in the next round. To me, that means they're one of the two worst of the unseeded teams who received a first-round bye (Stony Brook being the other).
    in 2010, ndsu was one of the last teams in, and they played at #4 montana state

Last year Lehigh was 10-1 and was not seeded. But in the Valley, I agree that we would have to be at least a 3 loss team to get that draw. Looking at last years bracket, New Hampshire got the spot that we are predicted in. So let me get this right, TSN has us ranked #2 in it's preseason poll but doesn't think we will me a top 5 team by the end of the year? Ok. I do agree that preseason playoff bracket predictions are silly. I am sure that last year they had E. Washington as a seeded playoff team; how did that work out for them.
    Last edited by Bison03; 08-23-2012 at 11:48 PM.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Last year Lehigh was 10-1 and was not seeded. But on the Valley, I agree that we would have to be at least a 3 loss team to get that draw. Looking at last years bracket, New Hampshire got the spot that we are predicted in. So let me get this right, TSN has us ranked #2 in it's preseason poll bu doesn't think we will me a top 5 team by the end of the year? Ok. I do agree that preseason playoff bracket predictions are silly. I am sure that last year they had E. Washington as a seeded playoff team; how did that work out for them.
    pre season polls and post season bracket predictions arent even close to bein related...sam houstons #1...doesnt mean sporting network thinks theyll go in and beat a&m and baylor.