Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: SDSU's Indoor Facility - Sanford in for $10mm

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU's Indoor Facility - Sanford in for $10mm

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    And Altru is no Sanford. Sanford had the south side clinic purchased until Altru pressured them to sell it to them. The Jealousy around gf is so great it's just keeps you guys a small time operation.
    Is that why it was less than two weeks away from opening as Doctors Hospital and not Sanford?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    I was trying to stay "neutral" (so as to point at all, not just one) but the "health care system(s)" I had in mind when I typed that were named Sanford and Altru. Non-profits shouldn't be accumulating funds like a for-profit.

And Sanford offered UND such a donation. The price included (as with NDSU and SDSU) using Sanford facilities for UND athletes. Why would UND choose that when all Sanford offers is a clinic in East Grand Forks, when Altru is already affiliated with UND Med, and Altru is part of the Mayo Clinic. (Sanford is good, but they ain't Mayo.)
    Thanks for clarification. I guess if your talking about not for profit I hear ya. i think just because a company is non profit doesn't necessarily mean they are using their designation for keeping costs down. non profit doesnt necessarily mean the business model tries to not make a profit. they just give their profits away. There are many misconceptions about what non profit means. people assume they are like churches. Im mixed because the government taxes most companies to death and Im a big fan of a smaller federal government. Sanford will probably do a better job with the money than the feds. i think pretty much any business can be non profit but from what i hear they are very scrutinized and the tax side is very very complicated

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    not too quick on the draw? spell out the acronym
    SHITS
    Yep, missed that one. But, since when did Hammersmith depart from well-researched, factual posts and take a shot at humor?
    Go Jackrabbits!

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    Yep, missed that one. But, since when did Hammersmith depart from well-researched, factual posts and take a shot at humor?
    you just don't know Hammersmith apparently
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    And Altru is no Sanford. Sanford had the south side clinic purchased until Altru pressured them to sell it to them. The Jealousy around gf is so great it's just keeps you guys a small time operation.
    Did I say Altru is Sanford? I only compared them both as non-profits.

I can't claim to know who bought or owned what when, but I can say this: If Grand Forks was "jealous", wouldn't they have let Sanford buy the new hospital in GF to be just like everyone they are "jealous" of?

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Why do you have an issue with how a company spends their profits? Are they supposed to give their profits back to the people who paid their bills? Sounds like anti capitalism to me. Many businesses profit off of people's misery. Look at funeral homes and dentists. How about companion that cause misery? Its business . With all the corporate greed in the world today its nice to see a company give back to several markets. Would you prefer more CEO bonuses?

Gabe, let me spell this out for you!!

As a non-profit they get HUGE tax breaks. If they want to change to for profit organization then I have no problem with how they spend their money.

But as a non-profit they should be lowering what they charge for patient services so healthcare would be much more affordable for EVERYONE!!

I am in the healthcare field and can tell you the hospitals and insurance companies are in on this scam together. If I had time I would give you several examples but I don't.

Just know this, what we pay for insurance today is so overpriced it's silly. You hear things like "the skyrocketing cost of healthcare" Which is the biggest joke ever. It's just an excuse for hospitals/insurance agencies to charge more for a service so they make more money.

For you not to have a problem with Sanford spending all this cash and not lowering what they charge per service and lowering their premiums on their insurance side(don't forget they own their own insurance company) just shows you how completely niave you are on this issue.