Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU's Indoor Facility - Sanford in for $10mm

Default Re: SDSU's Indoor Facility - Sanford in for $10mm

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    So we've got the Denny Sanford Premier Center in Sioux Falls, the Sanford Health Athletic Complex in Fargo, the Sanford something-or-other Practice Facility in Brookings, the likely Sanford something-or-other Basketball Arena in Vermillion, and there could have been(and still might be) a Sanford something-or-other Practice Facility in Grand Forks. Did I miss anything?

I'm not complaining, I just find it funny.
    Sanford Center - Bemidji, MN (formerly the BREC - Bemidji Regional Events Center)
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Is this T. Denny Sanford's private money or funds the non-profit Sanford Health organization has accrued?

If it's T. Denny's, let him set it wherever.

If it's Sanford Health having to get rid of profits because they are non-profit they are setting themselves up for the question of: "Why costs are health costs so high? Why not lower costs to patients and not have to deal with doling out the excess proceeds."
    Just because a business is non profit doesn't mean they don't make any money. They still reinvest much of the profits into infrastructure. I mean the hospital in Fargo will cost 3 quarters of a billion and bring in 2k good jobs. Sanford isn't any more expensive than privately owned hospitals. And its not like 10 million is going to dramatically change health care. At least this way you see the profits reinvested in the community. That's a good thing.

i believe health care costs are so high because we've become a nation of lazy fat fucks who don't have a clue how to take care of themselves. The solution for everything is to take a drug that will ultimately give you cancer or have a surgery to make you eat less. Were a lazy and ignorant society living off Big Macs. Nobody cooks anymore. Notice how a fat fuck mom and a fat fuck dad has fat fuck kids? They waddle down the food court of the mall like a herd of Bison and stuff their faces full of anything they can get their hands on. If Sanford wants to reduce health care costs, offer free classes in how to cook and eat healthy. Or exercise. (Sanford spends $ on community centers that promote physical activity too)

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Just because a business is non profit doesn't mean they don't make any money. They still reinvest much of the profits into infrastructure. I mean the hospital in Fargo will cost 3 quarters of a billion and bring in 2k good jobs. Sanford isn't any more expensive than privately owned hospitals. And its not like 10 million is going to dramatically change health care. At least this way you see the profits reinvested in the community. That's a good thing.

i believe health care costs are so high because we've become a nation of lazy fat fucks who don't have a clue how to take care of themselves. The solution for everything is to take a drug that will ultimately give you cancer or have a surgery to make you eat less. Were a lazy and ignorant society living off Big Macs. Nobody cooks anymore. Notice how a fat fuck mom and a fat fuck dad has fat fuck kids? They waddle down the food court of the mall like a herd of Bison and stuff their faces full of anything they can get their hands on. If Sanford wants to reduce health care costs, offer free classes in how to cook and eat healthy. Or exercise. (Sanford spends $ on community centers that promote physical activity too)
    I love a good Gabe rant!!

I don't think the bolded part would dent the obesity rate because of the whole laziness thing. This used to be called parenting.
    "Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; soccer is a gentleman's game played by beasts; football is a beastly game played by beasts."
    - Henry Blaha

I think this is insulting to Bison....(pronounced Bi-zon)
    Last edited by KSBisonFan; 08-03-2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: added pronunciation for when ESPN runs this story
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Civil06 View Post
    I love a good Gabe rant!!

I don't think the bolded part would dent the obesity rate because of the whole laziness thing. This used to be called parenting.
    I'll run the thing. Shit ill name it. SHCFFF. The Sanford Health Center For Fat Fucks.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'll run the thing. Shit ill name it. SHCFFF. The Sanford Health Center For Fat Fucks...
    ...Who Can't Read Good and Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too?
    "Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; soccer is a gentleman's game played by beasts; football is a beastly game played by beasts."
    - Henry Blaha

Quote Originally Posted by Civil06 View Post
    ...Who Can't Read Good and Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too?
    Rep to you for the zoolander reference!

I do not work for any health care facility, but know from people that used to the the price charges by the hospital, clinic etc are sent by the Federal Government and the Insurance
    companies. The hospital has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    I do not work for any health care facility, but know from people that used to the the price charges by the hospital, clinic etc are sent by the Federal Government and the Insurance
    companies. The hospital has nothing to do with it.
    Good point. Anything the government touches generally goes to shit.

In my first post, I wrote the Sanford Human Performance Lab had an 80-yd field...it will be 100-yards end-to-end which I understand will permit a regulation nine-man football game (80-yard field with an endzone on each end).

If you're interested, here's a link to a promotional video put out by SDSU:
    http://sdsudevelopingchampions.com/
    Go Jackrabbits!