Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XM Radio Users?

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default XM Radio Users?

I got a truck last September and it came with the free XM trial. Trial expired, I looked at the prices and decided I wasn't going to pay the $15/month whatever they wanted for it.

Last night I stumbled across a deal where if you have a radio that's not active, you can get 6 months for $24.99 plus a $2 royalty fee. $27 for 6 months isn't bad, so I signed up with it. Didn't have to talk to any customer service reps and radio was working within 5 minutes of completing the online form. YMMV, link below. Good luck!

Link - You'll need your Radio ID and account number
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Default Re: XM Radio Users?

Yes, I always let my subscription expire and wait for the deals!

533 In a row

b15on is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The previous owner of my car is actually paying my xm radio without knowing I think. I've had it for a long time without paying a penny. Kinda sucks for that person.

I cancelled my subscription once, and it continued to work in the car for several months after that.

533 In a row

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I cancelled my subscription once, and it continued to work in the car for several months after that.
    I've heard of that happening. I've also heard of people cancelling and continuing to get billed, so they cancel their credit card, and in turn, XM sends them to collections.
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by b15on View Post
    The previous owner of my car is actually paying my xm radio without knowing I think. I've had it for a long time without paying a penny. Kinda sucks for that person.
    I sold a pickup, had XM I cancelled the radio went thru the whole deal with a foreign lady on the phone, looked at my credit card bill a year later and still had the charges and the radio was active under my account online, I was on the quarterly plan so I bet the guy that bought my pickup was a happy camper for. Free year on me....only got refunded 1 billing I was pissed
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by gotts View Post
    I've heard of that happening. I've also heard of people cancelling and continuing to get billed, so they cancel their credit card, and in turn, XM sends them to collections.
    I once has something that was being autobilled and could not get it stopped. Solution
    Report the Credit card as being lost end of story for that group.

I love sirius in my truck. Ive read a few threads where people threaten to cancel and get stupid good deals...ill be doing this next may

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

After the 6th months it may start auto deducting at regular rates if you don't cancel the subscription. This is what we have found on most of the deals. I put it on the calender to cancel and then just wait for a deal again.

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I wasn't using XM much anymore due to having the Current in the cities and cheaper Internet-based alternatives. I'm the kind of guy that does the math and sees $15/month over 20 years = a few extra months of retirement. I saw all kinds of horror stories on the Internet about hard-sells, schemes, and tricks when cancelling but they couldn't have been more polite and no-nonsense.