Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: West Acres turns 40

Default Re: West Acres turns 40

West Acres and I are only a few weeks apart but I remember when I was a kid all the space that existed not only between Fargo and West Fargo but Moorhead and Dilworth. It seemed like you drove forever to get from one to the other, now it's all filled in and it just seems like the street signs change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    West Acres and I are only a few weeks apart but I remember when I was a kid all the space that existed not only between Fargo and West Fargo but Moorhead and Dilworth. It seemed like you drove forever to get from one to the other, now it's all filled in and it just seems like the street signs change.
    I was at NDSU when it opened. I remember driving south on university and turning right on 13th av heading West and coming to about 25th and there was a new road (13th) going through a wheat field out to I-29. I thought why the hell are they building roads through wheat fields. Man I wish I had some money back then you could have bought those acres fairly cheap. The old farm at 13th and 45th I think was the last to go.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Hell in 2000 45th st s from I94 south was gravel, and they didn't build the 42nd st overpass and road till 2001 so just look at how fast it's grown south and west of 29 and 94
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I remember coming up from Minneapolis as a kid to visit family, and seeing Builders Square on 13th Ave. and 45th St. in the middle of nowhere. I mean NOWHERE!!!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

I worked at the first Arby's in Fargo on 13th Ave. near 28th St. It was hardly even worth opening on Sundays before the mall was open.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Speaking of old shopping memories....I will never forget the culture shock of coming to fargo in the early 90s and finding out that all the shopping/stores were closed on sundays by law.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Speaking of old shopping memories....I will never forget the culture shock of coming to fargo in the early 90s and finding out that all the shopping/stores were closed on sundays by law.
    The holiday station on Main ave near my old neighborhood used to have to rope off sections on Sunday to prevent you from buying certain items.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/369081/

I have very faint memories of Mom taking us to the department stores downtown before they all moved to Wasted Acres. My earliest memory from the mall was seeing the Freedom Train on the railroad tracks that used to run behind the mall. http://www.freedomtrain.org/american...train-home.htm
    Goes from Wasted Acres to a retail mecca.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The Mall of America celebrates 20 years next month.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    I was at NDSU when it opened.
    WOW, you must be old. When did NDSU open again?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

When it opened, West Acres was on the far periphery of the city. Now if you look at a new map of F-M, you'll see it's literally in the middle of the city.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz