Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
I am an employee of the West Fargo School District, and the topic of the development west of I-29 in the District comes up quite regularly. Here is the history, as I recall. Someone with more knowledge feel free to add more facts:

1. Long ago, school districts expanded when city limits expanded. The Fargo School District took a "bite" out of the West Fargo School District when Fargo annexed the 12th Ave business park on the west side of I-29. If you look at the school districts' maps, you will see that one "peninsula" off of the rest of the Fargo District.

2. In response to losing land in the West Fargo District, West Fargo State Rep. Lodoen introduced legislation that kept boundaries as they were at the time of passage. As a result, the rest of the land generally west of I-29 remained in the West Fargo School District, even when the city limits of Fargo expanded into that area.

3. I have heard people in Fargo say, "Give us back West Acres for the School District." This is a curious statement, as that area never was in the Fargo School District. How could they receive an area back when that area had NEVER been served by the Fargo School District?
It also really pisses Xcel energy off because I believe Cass County electric has 13th ave and south in Fargo and West Fargo