Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Espn3....

Greenie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Espn3....

Just spoke to an executive at CableOne...their ESPN contract is through mid 2014, which means they will starting negotiations on a new contract within the next few months (they usually start around a year in advance). He said ESPN3 will be in the negotiations. The hang-up with ESPN3 is that ESPN charges a content fee for the service and it is either offered to all subscribers or none. It would be nice if people could just pay-per-view it just like other online content/games so non-interested people could skip it. Basically ESPN treats ESPN3 like a TV channel. Also, interesting from our conversation is that Midcontinent is part owned by Comcast, which explains their ability to offer more stuff like ESPN3 because of the volume discounts they get. Bottom line, no ESPN3 on CableOne in the current contract. Here's to hoping that it gets added in the new contract for those of us limited by internet providers in Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Is there a work around that someone can post so I can get access?????
    Talk to clenz.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Just spoke to an executive at CableOne...their ESPN contract is through mid 2014, which means they will starting negotiations on a new contract within the next few months (they usually start around a year in advance). He said ESPN3 will be in the negotiations. The hang-up with ESPN3 is that ESPN charges a content fee for the service and it is either offered to all subscribers or none. It would be nice if people could just pay-per-view it just like other online content/games so non-interested people could skip it. Basically ESPN treats ESPN3 like a TV channel. Also, interesting from our conversation is that Midcontinent is part owned by Comcast, which explains their ability to offer more stuff like ESPN3 because of the volume discounts they get. Bottom line, no ESPN3 on CableOne in the current contract. Here's to hoping that it gets added in the new contract for those of us limited by internet providers in Fargo.
    I would also hope that Midcontinent is in Fargo by then. Competition is good.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    I think they are already working on it. A couple of blocks from home, there are bunch of markings where all the underground stuff is located. Painted right there on the street, it says "MIDCO FIBER".

533 In a row

Problem is Fargo owns the cable system and takes bids and you will never see 2 cable companies. First Cablecomm then CableOne then hopefully midco some day but we will probably hate whoever the monopoly ends up being. Apparently there are a few spots jn Fargo that get Midco. Not sure why. Cable one probably didn't want to spend the money if i had to guess

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Problem is Fargo owns the cable system and takes bids and you will never see 2 cable companies. First Cablecomm then CableOne then hopefully midco some day but we will probably hate whoever the monopoly ends up being. Apparently there are a few spots jn Fargo that get Midco. Not sure why. Cable one probably didn't want to spend the money if i had to guess
    This post has an impressive fact to fiction ratio.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Well I do agree that Cableone probably didn't want to spend money.

533 In a row

A new metric that is more entertaining than green and red chicklets.

Where is the fact2fictionratio listed?
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    A new metric that is more entertaining than green and red chicklets.

Where is the fact2fictionratio listed?
    If this is implemented......here's to hoping that the leaders will be listed in reverse order.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I think they are already working on it. A couple of blocks from home, there are bunch of markings where all the underground stuff is located. Painted right there on the street, it says "MIDCO FIBER".
    Midco has fiber in Fargo, but it's for business interwebs.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved