Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall camp questions

Default Fall camp questions

What is the deal with Crockett and how about an update on some of the guys rehabing injuries like Jerve, Hinz and Hushka?
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Default Re: Fall camp questions

Crockett is working out with the team, should clear within the month and apparently is very impressive. Has a very good chance to be in the rotation with Sam at tailback. Hinz is out for the season with the torn pectoral muscle. Sounds like Jerve should be back to challenge Pommerenke. Hushka also out for the season with surgery.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Thanks for the update Burg. What are Crockett's measurables and can you compare him to another back we have seen recently?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Who else is going to play MLB? I was thinking maybe Hushka could play there, maybe I'm wrong on that. To bad he's hurt, I hope those guys recover!

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Who else is going to play MLB? I was thinking maybe Hushka could play there, maybe I'm wrong on that. To bad he's hurt, I hope those guys recover!
    Sounds like Jemison will be the backup MLB if he is totally healthy.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sounds like Bruhn may be out for the year with shoulder injury, per Kolpack's Twitter. Decision to me made later on.

Quote Originally Posted by gobisontd View Post
    Sounds like Bruhn may be out for the year with shoulder injury, per Kolpack's Twitter. Decision to me made later on.
    Big loss if that's the case. There's plenty of depth at TE but it's all unproven behind Bruhn. I know the combination of Vaadeland, Nelson, Albers, and Lee have the ability to be effective at the FCS level but whether or not that ability translates to performance is another question mark to add to the passing game. It's tough for young guys to step into this offense and be a 3 down TE when blocking ability is just as valuable as pass catching ability.

Kolpack also noted that Jemison is moving around well so it sounds like he's as healthy as he's been since the middle of the 2010 season.

Here is a summary of players that have issues coming into next season. Please update with additional names. I am sure there are more............
    Coming off injury from last year: Jerve, Jemison
    Recently injured and likely gone for most or all 2012: Bruhn, Hinz, Hushka
    Questionable for 2012 due to grades: Crockett

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is it just the usual suspects going into fall camp for you guys or are there a good number of new guys ready to step up and prove themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Is it just the usual suspects going into fall camp for you guys or are there a good number of new guys ready to step up and prove themselves?
    There is always new guys ready to step up and prove themselves for us