Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nickname needed for the Bison defense: Suggestions wanted!!!!!!

Default Nickname needed for the Bison defense: Suggestions wanted!!!!!!

The Bison O Line is referred to as the "Rams" and the Nebraska Cornhusker defense is referred to as the "Blackshirts". We should be able to come up with something creative enough to give the best defense in FCS a solid nickname that will stand the test of time.

Please reply with your nickname suggestion for the Bison defensive unit. We will collect all and then vote on the top ten. Let the creative juices flow.

Default Re: Nickname needed for the Bison defense: Suggestions wanted!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonWonAA View Post
    The Bison O Line is referred to as the "Rams" and the Nebraska Cornhusker defense is referred to as the "Blackshirts". We should be able to come up with something creative enough to give the best defense in FCS a solid nickname that will stand the test of time.

Please reply with your nickname suggestion for the Bison defensive unit. We will collect all and then vote on the top ten. Let the creative juices flow.
    I really do hate to be "that guy" and come and put a negative on your idea, because I like it. But I think the reason "Rams" and "Blackshirts" have stood the test of time so well is because they are internal names. They came about organically and that is why they have significance. To artificially create a nickname for something usually doesn't have the staying power of something that is authentic at the beginning.

With that said, the defense wears green in practice. Maybe something that goes along with that theme.

We used to have a code or creedo if you will. It was called CODE GREEN and we had a mission statement that meant a lot to us. Might be a place to start the thought process.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison06 View Post
    I really do hate to be "that guy" and come and put a negative on your idea, because I like it. But I think the reason "Rams" and "Blackshirts" have stood the test of time so well is because they are internal names. They came about organically and that is why they have significance. To artificially create a nickname for something usually doesn't have the staying power of something that is authentic at the beginning.

With that said, the defense wears green in practice. Maybe something that goes along with that theme.

We used to have a code or creedo if you will. It was called CODE GREEN and we had a mission statement that meant a lot to us. Might be a place to start the thought process.
    The Steel Curtain of the 70's I believe was a name made by the media and fans. Then again, that is professional football.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    The Steel Curtain of the 70's I believe was a name made by the media and fans. Then again, that is professional football.
    Good point, I suppose the purple people eaters were also made up by the media. No doubt there will be exceptions, but I believe the point that I made in my previous post is more likely the rule rather than the exception. I could be wrong though, I've been told I was wrong one other time, but I don't remember it.

How about this...

"wooooowhawhawhatabsahewhorewoootwoootwhawhawhagul lydrinksmilknanananawooooowhawhawhawha"

Every time they are on the field the crowd could get up and yell that at the top of their lungs.

I don't know about the whole defense, but I've been calling Marcus "Darkness" for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    How about this...

"wooooowhawhawhatabsahewhorewoootwoootwhawhawhagul lydrinksmilknanananawooooowhawhawhawha"

Every time they are on the field the crowd could get up and yell that at the top of their lungs.
    It's a nickname for the defense not Section 21.

So I went on a spirit walk this morning to find a nickname but I am on a schedule so I couldn't really do it right (no fasting, no wandering around for days) but I did go outside and walked around - stepped in some raccoon poo on the driveway. So apparently the universe thinks that The Stink or The Stank would be a good nickname.

Addendum to schedule: Burn shoes.

How about "TAB's a he whore and Gully drinks milk?" I"ll admit it is a bit long for a nickname, but can a I get a positive rep for originality?

Or we could steal from Philly and go with Gang-Green.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

WIth the new Gate City Field, "GateKeepers" would be my new nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    WIth the new Gate City Field, "GateKeepers" would be my new nickname.
    I prefer "Keymasters".
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.