Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2013 Verbal #1: Jarrod Tuszka

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2013 Verbal #1: Jarrod Tuszka

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    let me join in what is already a great discussion. NDSU has done a terrific job with recruiting ATHLETE'S! They let the kid come in and almost pick the position they like best, and sometimes kids get moved around, sometimes by their choice, other times it will be the coaches suggestion. When they recruited him, they weren't sure about his speed. He is a HUGE kid. As a HS senior, you aren't sure how he will continue to grow. He was recruited to play MLB/DE. When he was on his visit, he was HUGE. He actually had slimmed down by the time he showed up and was in the high 220's, down from his visit weight of 237. He tested out great and showed the speed to play MLB. He clearly had a terrific freshman year and showed that speed several times. I think he still ends up at DE. If you watch him next to Cole or Kyle, they look very similar. He is a differnce maker on our defense for the next three years and will play alot of football. Matt Plank is a kid that nobody really talks about, but he was a highly recruited kid that is a MLB as well. We forget about kids who redshirt sometimes. It will be interesting. I absolutely loved watching this kid cover kicks this year. That is a special athlete. I can't believe he is 18 years old. LARGE FRAME. It will be interesting to see where he ends up, but I think he will be a fixture.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    A bigger MLB in T2 takes pressure of FS and OLBs. Plus, it seems as tho we are starting to see bigger RBs in the Valley (are other teams trying to exploit us?) and we definitely see them in PO. I would like to see him stay at MLB, especially given what appears to a nose for the ball. His chances to make random, off-assignment plays would be more limited at DE. Also, he could be physical with OLMen, resulting in taking some late-game stamina out of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    These type of insights are so incredibly valuable to those of us with little football experience (or maybe I'm the only one )

I keep going back to a play late in the game against UNH - sweep to the left and it seemed like DeLuca came out of nowhere and made a great, technically sound, open field tackle for a loss. I'd like to see him play MLB, but as long as he's on the field, I'm happy!

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    A bigger MLB in T2 takes pressure of FS and OLBs. Plus, it seems as tho we are starting to see bigger RBs in the Valley (are other teams trying to exploit us?) and we definitely see them in PO. I would like to see him stay at MLB, especially given what appears to a nose for the ball. His chances to make random, off-assignment plays would be more limited at DE. Also, he could be physical with OLMen, resulting in taking some late-game stamina out of them.

All true and written by a guy who knows. The other side of the coin is that the Bison have been going with progressively smaller and faster linebackers and safeties over the last few years. I have zero doubt that DeLuca can be an excellent MLB. it could come down to where he can have the most impact. Who else can play MLB? Who else can play DE? How much drop off is there between DeLuca and the next guy at each spot?
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    All true and written by a guy who knows. The other side of the coin is that the Bison have been going with progressively smaller and faster linebackers and safeties over the last few years. I have zero doubt that DeLuca can be an excellent MLB. it could come down to where he can have the most impact. Who else can play MLB? Who else can play DE? How much drop off is there between DeLuca and the next guy at each spot?
    Smaller by choice or what was available. Not at all am I saying what he have and have been using are not excellent LBs, b/c they are, but if we have bigger and comparable speed guys we can use, then y wouldn't we go with them. Also, major learning curve going from MLB to DE. Not arguing here at all, just an interest discussion with divergent positions--nothing wrong with that.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I think we can all admittedly say GO was not the fastest guy at MLB we've ever seen. I'd say if DeLuca can maintain at least that speed both laterally and down hill as well as having the smarts to play the position, then I hope they leave him there. Especially if he's a leader and a player the other players trust. I do remember Plank being a high recruit because of his skill set, size, and smarts. Either way, the future seems bright. I'd officially start a DeLuca bandwagon, but I don't want to do that to the guy. Just know I'm one of his biggest fans, even before he stepped on campus.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Nice article in today's Forum about his adjustment to D1---let's hope that he can stay healthy and contribute big time.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix