Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Dragosavich Now Publishing Bison Illustrated.

Default Mike Dragosavich Now Publishing Bison Illustrated.

Screen Shot 2012-06-29 at 8.25.19 AM.jpg

Hello Bison Nation,

This is former strong leg and temporary dancing janitor, Mike Dragosavich or known more as "Drago" #88. I wanted to inform you of my company's recent acquisition of the Bison Illustrated publication. Between my company and our partnership with NDSU Athletics we will now be the content manager and publisher of the magazine. This means that I need to reach out and start developing a content game plan for this upcoming athletic season.

My first thought of what I would like to see happen and change with the magazine, is the addition of more fan support.

I would like to write and design more content related to suggestions from the bison faithful community.

Below I will list some criteria of what we are looking for and I urge you to post suggestions and ideas for stories or just cool ideas that you can think of.

Remember: (The magazine is monthly and has to touch on each sport that is being played during that timeline)

Some ideas I have:

Equipment Breakdown (A section devoted to highlighting the different equipment each sport uses)

Behind the Scenes (Take a look at locker rooms, admin, maintenance, ect)

Competitor Breakdowns (Exposing competitors information. What is IUPUI? Where is Valperaso? What notable people went to ball state? (That kind of Info)

Kids Sections

Interactive Games

Tailgating Galore!

So here is what we need from you:

1. Any standout athletes or newsworthy athletic stories this year.
    2. Any stories about former athletes.
    3. Any interesting facts, figures, or notables.

(You get the drift)

Thanks again everyone and I hope you have as much fun as I will with being a part of helping this great tradition continue it's success!

drago@fmspotlight.com

Default Re: Mike Dragosavich Now Publishing Bison Illustrated.

Can a moderator please flag this post as SPAM?

533 In a row

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Perhaps a section on how to spell university names. Valparaiso would be a good start.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Drago, a lot of great ideas there buddy. I have always liked the "where are they now" concept. Take a really notable alumnus from our past and highlight where they are now, if they follow the Bison closely, family, favorite memory of NDSU. I would be very interested to see where some of our notable players from the past are now and what they are up to.

Talking specifically football on this one, but there seems to be a lot of interest in how our athletes train, specifically the measurables if Coach Kramer would even be willing to release such information. 40 times, best weight room numbers from summer max out sessions, biggest drop in body fat or biggest weight gain or strength gains. It just seems like there is so much interest in these things and people would be pretty excited to have the inside scoop on them. I know I would like to know these things.

Craig Dahl was in town for the Maris Tournament last week. That might be a cool interview with him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonIllustrated View Post
    Craig Dahl was in town for the Maris Tournament last week. That might be a cool interview with him.
    Yes, would love to hear what he is doing to prepare for the upcoming season. How offseason workouts in the NFL compare to his time at NDSU. How meeting room film breakdown differs between the two levels, things like that.

Joe Mays as well, if you can track him down.

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

BI's always done a great job highlighting the sports that many of us don't know a lot about, because they don't draw a large crowd. There are always stories about those sports. Even outside of the athletic department, there's Bison Rodeo, men's club volleyball, and some other very cool things going on.
    "Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; soccer is a gentleman's game played by beasts; football is a beastly game played by beasts."
    - Henry Blaha

Mods stickey this so we can add suggestians daily.

Drago you kick ass and I am excited to see you take over! Heres a few things that come to mind...

- Every month have a feature on a tailgating rig. There are enough bad ass rigs to go on for years
    - Promoting the Missouri Valley competition. I dont think the average Joe realizes just how good the conference is? How many people know Youngstown has won 5 National Championships?
    - Former athletes. How about my dentist Todd Debates!
    - History of Bison Olympians. I didn't even know we had a medal winning Olympic wrestler!

I'll post more as they come to me

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Civil06 View Post
    BI's always done a great job highlighting the sports that many of us don't know a lot about, because they don't draw a large crowd. There are always stories about those sports. Even outside of the athletic department, there's Bison Rodeo, men's club volleyball, and some other very cool things going on.
    Drago,

I echo this sentiment. I was unaware that NDSU even had lacrosse until about a month ago.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Civil06 View Post
    I loved those features but they need a cover that draws attention to casual fans. I think the amount of stories was just right but tbe covers were off. The last 10 covers. 4 football. 2 basketball. 2 softball. 1 soccer. 1 volleyball. Only 2 mens basketball? Why not have a collage cover? . I love the features on players but they can still be done without dedicating a full cover to it. Use the big sports as a way to draw attention to smaller sports. JMO

Most covers have a picture of the athlete in street clothes and the word Bison is partially covered up.

What will attract more attention… the 2nd cover doesn't even have Bison colors!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com