Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Dragosavich Now Publishing Bison Illustrated.

Default Re: Mike Dragosavich Now Publishing Bison Illustrated.

Drago,
    I think it would be fun to read stories in BI about Bison fans from around the nation. Bison Nation stretches far and wide. It would be fun to read about how Bison Fans that aren't in Fargo get their "Bison Fix." What's "game day" like for them? Do they fly a Bison flag on game day? Do they subscribe to certain things such as satellite or internet feeds just to watch the games? How often do they get "The Horns" when they're wearing their Bison gear? Things like that.

P.S. Drago, say hi to my sister Billi at D-S next time you see her.

I think John Crockett would be a good student athlete to do a feature on for a football related story. I remember reading a story about him when he was recruited in early 2010 about the rough childhood he had and how football was his outlet from it all. It really made you want to root for the kid. He's been hitting the books for the last two years and his work will hopefully finally pay off this fall when he's eligible. It would be good to see his story get out to more people in the Bison community who may have forgotten about him over the last couple years or never remembered him in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think John Crockett would be a good student athlete to do a feature on for a football related story. I remember reading a story about him when he was recruited in early 2010 about the rough childhood he had and how football was his outlet from it all. It really made you want to root for the kid. He's been hitting the books for the last two years and his work will hopefully finally pay off this fall when he's eligible. It would be good to see his story get out to more people in the Bison community who may have forgotten about him over the last couple years or never remembered him in the first place.
    Good idea. Assuming he is eligible.

How about the Dinwiddie bros? Amazing story!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I was hoping someone could do a classy article on my friend Chris "Notorious" Carlson #5. Email sent, thanks Drago.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Articles on tradition always interest me. How about one on the origin of the "Lets' go Bison!" chant. Lakes is always entertaining and it would be interesting to hear how he came up with that.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Once you meet Crockett you can never forget that young man! In fact, I could see Crockett posting this himself. I am just saying!

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I loved those features but they need a cover that draws attention to casual fans. I think the amount of stories was just right but tbe covers were off. The last 10 covers. 4 football. 2 basketball. 2 softball. 1 soccer. 1 volleyball. Only 2 mens basketball? Why not have a collage cover? . I love the features on players but they can still be done without dedicating a full cover to it. Use the big sports as a way to draw attention to smaller sports. JMO

Most covers have a picture of the athlete in street clothes and the word Bison is partially covered up.

What will attract more attention… the 2nd cover doesn't even have Bison colors!

Chea, that first cover pisses photographic excellence. That second one looks like Glamour Shots from the mall.

Whoever shot that first cover photo should get a raise.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Chea, that first cover pisses photographic excellence. That second one looks like Glamour Shots from the mall.

Whoever shot that first cover photo should get a raise.
    She's a great athlete, a great story, and certainly easy on the eyes but it doesn't scream yellow! Sorry had to reference the classic bad marketing campaign

Let me guess.. yours truely did the top one?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

How about Dirty Bison Limericks?

There once was kicker named Mike
    Who took a whore for a ride on his bike
    But he put on his grove, the bitch didn't move,
    Cause alas, Mikey's ho was a dike.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    She's a great athlete, a great story, and certainly easy on the eyes but it doesn't scream yellow! Sorry had to reference the classic bad marketing campaign

Let me guess.. yours truely did the top one?
    That may have something to do with my bias
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved