Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Facilities Improvements......dream a little dream.

Default Re: Facilities Improvements......dream a little dream.

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    It's not about what the Redhawks would want, and I agree the field at Newmann is nice, this is just spitballing.
    Yeah it kind of is, they are primary and in order to keep them you cater to them
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    It's not about what the Redhawks would want, and I agree the field at Newmann is nice, this is just spitballing.
    Last year the field was brown but normally we dont have 80 degree weather in May!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    The football team practiced in some awful weather before the 2010 playoff game vs MSU; it didn't look like they were under-practiced.
    I am sure they could always practice here:

That was good for an outdoor game! How about if the dome decides to move forward with an addition some day? Could be a way to incorporate a practice facility into the addition. Of course we wouldn't need a new arena with the SHAC. A dome addition would be perfect for smaller concerts, state basketball tournaments, and for larger basketball game, or hockey . Heck we could even bid on the Summit League tournament. (This thread is called dreams, right? )

The track field is big enough but who wants to practice on concrete! Unless they could put a turf system in? Although it looks like the middle is grass

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Yeah it kind of is, they are primary and in order to keep them you cater to them
    Remember, these are just dreams.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

My ultimate dream would be a 35,000-seat outdoor stadium with overhangs/coverings over the seating, much like Century Link Field in Seattle or most of the European soccer stadiums.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

I like to dream big!

- 40,000 seat outdoor stadium with retractable roof and the ability to drink inside
    - 6,000 seat softball facility with the largest video board in college history
    - $200,000,000 hockey facility just to F*CK with UND for our club team
    - 6,000 seat volleyball arena
    - A Bison statue in front of each athletic facility to represent every national championship in given sport along with smaller ones to represent league championships
    - Tailgate lot that has the ability to roll out turf with built in canopy "holes/anchors" to secure them down along with games/contests going on, and extend it to 10 hours
    - For every season ticket you purchase, you receive a free game day helmet/or jersey
    - A soccer stadium that rivals Frisco
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

I have a simple dream. A comfortable seat at a basketball arena, without the whole crowd walking in front of me.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by bisonnation11 View Post
    I like to dream big!

- 40,000 seat outdoor stadium with retractable roof and the ability to drink inside
    - 6,000 seat softball facility with the largest video board in college history
    - $200,000,000 hockey facility just to F*CK with UND for our club team
    - 6,000 seat volleyball arena
    - A Bison statue in front of each athletic facility to represent every national championship in given sport along with smaller ones to represent league championships
    - Tailgate lot that has the ability to roll out turf with built in canopy "holes/anchors" to secure them down along with games/contests going on, and extend it to 10 hours
    - For every season ticket you purchase, you receive a free game day helmet/or jersey
    - A soccer stadium that rivals Frisco
    As long as it has a giant pinwheel logo! Worlds largest canopy tent. Free lap dance with admission in the bison private tent.

I think the statues idea is actually attainable! An area business donated one last year.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I have a simple dream. A comfortable seat at a basketball arena, without the whole crowd walking in front of me.
    I think we all have this dream.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

IF/when the SHAC is built, and they fix the softball field up, my one dream is a 40k seat retractible roof football stadium. That's not too big for FCS, but big enough in case the program ever makes the move to FBS. Maybe make it so there can be a 5k expansion (when needed) somehow. No idea where we could put it, but it's my dream. By the time that any serious conversations of stadium expansions happen (10-20 years IMHO), the metro will be at least 300k. At that time the state/ region would be able to support such a stadium of that size without it being a waste of time and money... I hope