Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: TV schedule for 2012??

Default TV schedule for 2012??

I have to make a few points from things I have noticed in the past few days:

1) The MVFC might possibly have the WORST TV contract of any Division I football conference. I do know that the MVFC has an even worse contract than the Division II Gulf South Conference, because the GSC has 8 games a year on ESPN3 and Comcast Sports South simultaneously, while the MVFC only has its 8 games on ESPN3. It was a better deal when one game a week was on FSN Midwest/North. I am really worried about the MVFC deal this year unlike last year, cause last fall we had a workaround login for ESPN3, but it has now been closed off, so now I know for a fact that most people living in th Twin Cities metro area do not have access to ESPN3, since a lot of TC fans have Century Link which has no ESPN3. (I have reason to believe that a good majority of computer users in the US are not able to get ESPN3). It was a total mistake to get involved with a broadcasting contract with a situation as fragile as the ESPN3 one, since a majority of ISPs in the US still refuse to carry it, and actually now that I think about it, I don't even know why it should be the ISPs fault, if ESPN wasn't a company run by douchebags, they would offer it as a free streaming service to everyone regardless of ISP.

2) I am concerned that there will be absolutely no TV for the Colorado State game, since the MWC's TV contract involves a lot less games this year than last. If the Mtn. was still around, I bet we could watch it on there.

3) No matter how many games on Midco Sportsnet we get, almost everyone in the TC metro (and a vast majority of Minnesota) will not be able to get those games. And of course the city of Fargo proper.

4) I am very worried that like last season, I will be forced to watch all the games online, except for the fact that I'm living in the goddamn Twin Cities now instead of a foreign city 1,200+ miles from Fargo. I guess it'll be great for a lot of you guys if we get a bunch more Statewide NBC games and Midco gamess, a fat lot of good it will do for any of the alums/fans living in Minneapolis, or fans in Fargo.

So anyone have any speculation on what kind of TV we'll have??
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Default Re: TV schedule for 2012??

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post

A Zenith?...

533 In a row

the MTN would have little interest in broadcasting the colorado state game and colorado state most likely has 0 interest in anyone broadcasting the game

and did you ever stop to think that maybe the reason they won the national championship last year was because you couldnt watch them on tv?

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    the MTN would have little interest in broadcasting the colorado state game and colorado state most likely has 0 interest in anyone broadcasting the game

and did you ever stop to think that maybe the reason they won the national championship last year was because you couldnt watch them on tv?
    Bullshit, the wolf shirts won the chipper.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Comcast has ESPN 360, I think.

It's too bad NDSU can't get a FSN deal for FB games and a few bb games.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

You live in Minneapolis now? That sounds like a positive thing to me!

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    I have to make a few points from things I have noticed in the past few days:

1) The MVFC might possibly have the WORST TV contract of any Division I football conference. I do know that the MVFC has an even worse contract than the Division II Gulf South Conference, because the GSC has 8 games a year on ESPN3 and Comcast Sports South simultaneously, while the MVFC only has its 8 games on ESPN3. It was a better deal when one game a week was on FSN Midwest/North. I am really worried about the MVFC deal this year unlike last year, cause last fall we had a workaround login for ESPN3, but it has now been closed off, so now I know for a fact that most people living in th Twin Cities metro area do not have access to ESPN3, since a lot of TC fans have Century Link which has no ESPN3. (I have reason to believe that a good majority of computer users in the US are not able to get ESPN3). It was a total mistake to get involved with a broadcasting contract with a situation as fragile as the ESPN3 one, since a majority of ISPs in the US still refuse to carry it, and actually now that I think about it, I don't even know why it should be the ISPs fault, if ESPN wasn't a company run by douchebags, they would offer it as a free streaming service to everyone regardless of ISP.

2) I am concerned that there will be absolutely no TV for the Colorado State game, since the MWC's TV contract involves a lot less games this year than last. If the Mtn. was still around, I bet we could watch it on there.

3) No matter how many games on Midco Sportsnet we get, almost everyone in the TC metro (and a vast majority of Minnesota) will not be able to get those games. And of course the city of Fargo proper.

4) I am very worried that like last season, I will be forced to watch all the games online, except for the fact that I'm living in the goddamn Twin Cities now instead of a foreign city 1,200+ miles from Fargo. I guess it'll be great for a lot of you guys if we get a bunch more Statewide NBC games and Midco gamess, a fat lot of good it will do for any of the alums/fans living in Minneapolis, or fans in Fargo.

my guess is 9+ games youll have to watch online.

What's ESPN3 and how do I get it?
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

We cant control the Missouri Valley Football TV contract. It pretty much sucks. We can control producing our own games and getting them on TV. We create our own exposure and its helped us rise to the top of the conference. I agree with you that we need to be on FSNN as much as possible. Big opportunity with hockey leaving

Last year was awesome. Every road game was televised. (Or at least shown in the bars)

I am concerned about Missouri State, Illinois State, and Colorado State being televised. I read that the loss of the Mountain West TV Network is hurting exposure and Colorado State is getting screwed
    http://mobile.cowboyaltitude.com/201...schools-barely

I think we should work with CSU to get that game televised on some type of Network whether it be Fox College Sports or something. Maybe ESPN3? I thought they dont allow their production to be on regular TV?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

So the FS Midwest deal is no more?

BRING BACK SNORTY