View Poll Results: How many spots in the polls will UND jump this year thanks to a mixup with NDSU?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-2 spots

7 12.28%
  • 3-4 spots

13 22.81%
  • 5-6 spots

35 61.40%
  • 0 spots

2 3.51%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UND riding NDSU coat tails in the polls

Default Re: UND riding NDSU coat tails in the polls

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Sorry I'm not 'one of those' UND fans, I'm actually a bigger fan of football. Those hockey only fans treat UND like it's a minor league hockey team instead of a school.
    Almost got me to give you positive rep, almost....I will if you go over to SS and say that exact same thing.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    So, they seem to be about the same as Montana's chances. I wouldn't argue real long about either of them having much chance of extending their season.
    I won't tell AG1 that, he's too crazy!

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    There are millions of them. Heck, teh banner even went to the wrong skool. It will happen again sooner or later.
    I probably shouldn't have been so quick to dismiss the chances. I see they play San Diego State on our bye week. Will that hurt us if they get trashed? Maybe.

We play South Dakota State on UND's bye week. Will voters confuse our thrashing of the Jackrabbits as a dismantling of San Diego State and give the credit to UND? Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    I won't tell AG1 that, he's too crazy!
    So I've heard.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    Almost got me to give you positive rep, almost....I will if you go over to SS and say that exact same thing.
    It's a temping offer but one bump won't even put a dent in this stellar rep

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    With what happened last year in the polls with both UND and NDSU being ranked how much higher will UND get ranked thanks to voters mixing them up with NDSU?
    1-2 spots?
    3-4 spots?
    5-6 spots?
    As a long-time Bison fan...I can say that I'm very accustomed to seeing this. I also get very tired of the UND attitude about it.

Your post is not a problem...but the general UND attitude is.

It would be like if we started hockey...and expected to catch up to UND in stature within a year or two...and expected to get equal attention.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I probably shouldn't have been so quick to dismiss the chances. I see they play San Diego State on our bye week. Will that hurt us if they get trashed? Maybe.

We play South Dakota State on UND's bye week. Will voters confuse our thrashing of the Jackrabbits as a dismantling of San Diego State and give the credit to UND? Maybe.
    Ahhh, so we both play SDSU? Excellent. That will provide the basis for the comparative score engine that fuels their self-worth.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Ahhh, so we both play SDSU? Excellent. That will provide the basis for the comparative score engine that fuels their self-worth.
    Odd that the off weeks both include SDSU. I was so unnerved that I took the afternoon off. Scary stuff.

The honeymoon is over, no more excuses, It'll be fun to watch them have to stand/fall on their own. The moral victories won't mean squat, now they're running with the big dogs, bring on the SD School of Mines! I predict next we'll be hearing them bitching about their travel schedule.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Good luck trying to convince any UND Fan of that. They will continue to be delusional as always. The trick is whether you let that delusion and stupidity bother you. I'm beginning to find this all very comical, especially with the whole nickname fiasco.

My mantra with the school up North has become, "Let them think what they want, I just don't care anymore."
    Its great entertainment. I have actually left their website thinking---do they REALLY have a law school and a med school up there??????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."