View Poll Results: How many spots in the polls will UND jump this year thanks to a mixup with NDSU?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-2 spots

7 12.28%
  • 3-4 spots

13 22.81%
  • 5-6 spots

35 61.40%
  • 0 spots

2 3.51%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UND riding NDSU coat tails in the polls

Default Re: UND riding NDSU coat tails in the polls

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    i have und ahead of ndsu with their body of work in my poll, after last seasons magical run.

anything short of a football championship for this und squad is considered a failure. but if they do win, siouxsports.com will no longer consider a jv championship but a legit division 1 banner.
    Exactly, spot on.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Well, shoot -- I guess if the poll options only go up to 5-6.....
    No kidding... FACT: If no mix-ups were made on any polls, either from last year or this, UND wouldn't have even been mentioned on any poll, anywhere.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Its was a five team conference meaning they only played 4 conference foes. Considering the fact that they also played a NAIA team I find the ranking dubious at best. I dont think I need to mention the rest of there schedule.
    Good luck trying to convince any UND Fan of that. They will continue to be delusional as always. The trick is whether you let that delusion and stupidity bother you. I'm beginning to find this all very comical, especially with the whole nickname fiasco.

My mantra with the school up North has become, "Let them think what they want, I just don't care anymore."
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I don't think there will be any confusion this year. Only a fool would deny the mixup last year.

FWIW, I expect to see them in the polls this year. Actually, I would not be shocked to see them in Fargo in December. Not a prediction so you can stop laughing.

They have 10 games that matter. Two are guaranteed losses, three could go either way, and the other five I think they have better personnel in. Best case will get them noticed.

* I should add that I voted for 1-2 spots because last year's mixup hasn't worn off and once you are in the polls, you have to work your way out. I am not convinced that will happen. That means they are already higher than they should be.
    Last edited by NorthernBison; 06-21-2012 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Added vote explanation

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think I may have underestimated the amount of impact NDSU coat tail riding will have on UND in the polls. 5-6 seemed kinda large when I was typing it but now that I think about it that number will be a most average. Too bad I don't have a key for infinity...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    I think I may have underestimated the amount of impact NDSU coat tail riding will have on UND in the polls. 5-6 seemed kinda large when I was typing it but now that I think about it that number will be a most average. Too bad I don't have a key for infinity...
    You already have 7 "real" DI banners, why do you care about a stupid poll?

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I don't think there will be any confusion this year. Only a fool would deny the mixup last year.
    There are millions of them. Heck, teh banner even went to the wrong skool. It will happen again sooner or later.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

How about a poll of UND's chances to make the playoffs next year? AlphaGriz1 states that there is a 0.0% chance of that happening. Seems teh hockies aren't getting much love from Griz country....

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    How about a poll of UND's chances to make the playoffs next year? AlphaGriz1 states that there is a 0.0% chance of that happening. Seems teh hockies aren't getting much love from Griz country....
    So, they seem to be about the same as Montana's chances. I wouldn't argue real long about either of them having much chance of extending their season.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    You already have 7 "real" DI banners, why do you care about a stupid poll?
    Sorry I'm not 'one of those' UND fans, I'm actually a bigger fan of football. Those hockey only fans treat UND like it's a minor league hockey team instead of a school.