View Poll Results: How many spots in the polls will UND jump this year thanks to a mixup with NDSU?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-2 spots

7 12.28%
  • 3-4 spots

13 22.81%
  • 5-6 spots

35 61.40%
  • 0 spots

2 3.51%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UND riding NDSU coat tails in the polls

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default UND riding NDSU coat tails in the polls

With what happened last year in the polls with both UND and NDSU being ranked how much higher will UND get ranked thanks to voters mixing them up with NDSU?
    1-2 spots?
    3-4 spots?
    5-6 spots?

Default Re: UND riding NDSU coat tails in the polls

Considering the NCAA thinks UND won the National Championship, I would move you guys all the way to #1

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Oh great, another thread about UND. At least this one was started by a UND fan so the loonies at SS.com can't continue to claim all we talk about is UND over here. Since Kolpack brought up the week 3 poll from last year, people over there are going crazy about how nuts we all seem to be thinking that a mistake was made. At the same time refusing to accept the fact that a mixup was made. The latest is questioning Bison fans why they cant accept an 8-3 conference champion team being ranked. Well, in the poll that everyone is talking about, they were 1-2, coming off a loss and NDSU 3-0 coming off a bye. And another matter, yes; I disagree with an 8-3, excuse me, 5-3 when count only DI games, being ranked at the end of the year. I think now that now that NDSU has won a championship and that UND is in a real DI conference, a mixup in the polls probably won't happen. They will or will not be ranked on their own merits. The real question is, does anyone give the coaches poll with any respect anymore anyways?
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

A dumbass poll, but I will vote.....LMAO!

Well, shoot -- I guess if the poll options only go up to 5-6.....
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Oh great, another thread about UND. At least this one was started by a UND fan so the loonies at SS.com can't continue to claim all we talk about is UND over here. Since Kolpack brought up the week 3 poll from last year, people over there are going crazy about how nuts we all seem to be thinking that a mistake was made. At the same time refusing to accept the fact that a mixup was made. The latest is questioning Bison fans why they cant accept an 8-3 conference champion team being ranked. Well, in the poll that everyone is talking about, they were 1-2, coming off a loss and NDSU 3-0 coming off a bye. And another matter, yes; I disagree with an 8-3, excuse me, 5-3 when count only DI games, being ranked at the end of the year. I think now that now that NDSU has won a championship and that UND is in a real DI conference, a mixup in the polls probably won't happen. They will or will not be ranked on their own merits. The real question is, does anyone give the coaches poll with any respect anymore anyways?
    Its was a five team conference meaning they only played 4 conference foes. Considering the fact that they also played a NAIA team I find the ranking dubious at best. I dont think I need to mention the rest of there schedule.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Considering the NCAA thinks UND won the National Championship, I would move you guys all the way to #1
    I'm not certain I'd move UND all the way to #1, but I definitely think there's a coat tail effect going on here. I also suspect gabe is talking just a wee bit (maybe more than a wee bit) of tongue-firmly-embedded-into-his cheek.

i have und ahead of ndsu with their body of work in my poll, after last seasons magical run.

anything short of a football championship for this und squad is considered a failure. but if they do win, siouxsports.com will no longer consider a jv championship but a legit division 1 banner.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    i have und ahead of ndsu with their body of work in my poll, after last seasons magical run.

anything short of a football championship for this und squad is considered a failure. but if they do win, siouxsports.com will no longer consider a jv championship but a legit division 1 banner.
    Cause...in 2012-2013 the FCS became a higher level with the additions of UND, Southern Utah, and USD.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

I doubt they even care, it's JV football

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"