Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison #1 in AGS Preseason Poll

Default Re: Bison #1 in AGS Preseason Poll

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    What is next year
    The year UND has 7 wins, but one win is against SDSOTM so it won't count and they will be left out in the cold hoping not to get frostbite.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

NDSU is clearly #1. Hopefully YSU will be a top 10 or top 5 team by the time we meet again in Fargo!

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoguins View Post
    NDSU is clearly #1. Hopefully YSU will be a top 10 or top 5 team by the time we meet again in Fargo!
    One request from Bison fans; Beat the snot out of UNI this year

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That very well could happen. Should be another close one in the dome next year!

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Hopefully being the preseason #1 works out better for you guys than it did EWU. High chance of some pulled muscles from players patting themselves on the back.
    We're very accustomed to this. Your hockey program expects to be in the Frozen Four most years. No problem.

I don't go to SS to question the validity of this expectation. I cheer for them.

We've seen this scenario many times. The 'program' knows how to handle it.

It comes with the turf of being National Champions. We'll take that any time.

If our offense can be consistent, we'll be very hard to beat...one weekend at a time.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Yes...we are. YSU played a great game in Fargo last year. This game will be very important for us.

It's one of the hot spots on the calendar. There are several.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

no surprise but we have some holes to fill. i dont think we should be #1. shsu is in better shape than us. i believe they return 17 starters and most of their studs. in the CS poll Ill be putting SHSU 1. no idea about us but i dont think we'll be the same as last season. playoff team no doubt, but i guess we shall see. also, think ysu is way too low. i think they'll be top 10 at some point. love preseason speculation

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    no surprise but we have some holes to fill. i dont think we should be #1. shsu is in better shape than us. i believe they return 17 starters and most of their studs. in the CS poll Ill be putting SHSU 1. no idea about us but i dont think we'll be the same as last season. playoff team no doubt, but i guess we shall see. also, think ysu is way too low. i think they'll be top 10 at some point. love preseason speculation
    shsu has significant coaching turnover i believe

Ming has a point that the Bison do lose a few high-impact starters/rotation guys, but on the flipside, the bulk of our starters are going to be juniors and should be able to compensate for that. That plus the guys we have coming in should make for a dropoff not significant enough to shake NDSU from the #1 ranking befitting a team that was just so dominant last season.

It's partly how good we were last season mixed with a little anticipation of talent returning. That adds up to a #1 ranking, to me.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    Ming has a point that the Bison do lose a few high-impact starters/rotation guys, but on the flipside, the bulk of our starters are going to be juniors and should be able to compensate for that. That plus the guys we have coming in should make for a dropoff not significant enough to shake NDSU from the #1 ranking befitting a team that was just so dominant last season.

It's partly how good we were last season mixed with a little anticipation of talent returning. That adds up to a #1 ranking, to me.
    agreed that we have plenty of talent coming back and it's arguable we're preseason 1. our defense could be even better. losing some big time seniors tho, holloway, cornick, richard spots are glaring holes. i just think shsu is in a little better shape than us with what they have back. i think they can be argued as #1 as well. i dont think we'll be as good as last season, but still pretty good.