Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Bison #1 in AGS Preseason Poll

Default Re: Bison #1 in AGS Preseason Poll

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    The preseason poll is where everybody is expected to end up. It is where the teams are at the beginning of the season. That is why the champ is still #1, and why I could not see a team that didn't even make the playoffs (YSU) be #4.
    so every champ is expected to end up #1 the next season? how many back to back champs have we seen? not many

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    so every champ is expected to end up #1 the next season? how many back to back champs have we seen? not many
    Oops...I meant to say...The preseason poll is NOT where everybody is expected to end up...it is where the teams are at the beginning of the season. Hopefully that makes more sense.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by ming01;630030[B
    ]so every champ is expected to end up #1 the next season[/B]? how many back to back champs have we seen? not many

It is a good starting point for the start of the next season.

IMO, EWU deserved to start the last season #1. They obviously were not the #1 team throughout the season because of their losses. The #1 team will prove themselves by the end of the season.

If everyone on here agreed with everything and everyone at all times it would get alittle boring on here.....

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    It is a good starting point for the start of the next season.

IMO, EWU deserved to start the last season #1. They obviously were not the #1 team throughout the season because of their losses. The #1 team will prove themselves by the end of the season.

If everyone on here agreed with everything and everyone at all times it would get alittle boring on here.....
    I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Oops...I meant to say...The preseason poll is NOT where everybody is expected to end up...it is where the teams are at the beginning of the season. Hopefully that makes more sense.
    I already figured out that was what you meant. I agree with your statement.

I disagree with the ridiculous notion that the previous National Champion has somehow EARNED the #1 spot to start the next season. EVERY OTHER SPOT IN THE POLL is analyzed. Every roster changed at the end of the previous season with Seniors leaving. Every team signed recruits in February. Every team has had an opportunity to pick up transfers and there will be walk ons in the Fall.

As I said before, I would not have voted EWU #1 to start 2011. They lost their leading ground gainer and, more importantly, I didn't believe they were the best team in the country when they won the title in 2010. They were extremely lucky and luck doesn't last.

I would vote NDSU #1 now because of what happened to the roster. We lost some talented players but return a team that is relatively intact from the title run. I have concerns about losing our D Coordinator. I have some concern about the WR position (especially healthwise). Our offensive philosophy is a "good news/bad news" proposition. We don't blow out many teams because of the conservatism we show on offense. That leaves us vulnerable to a few mistakes and bad bounces (see YSU game). On the other hand, we don't make a lot of mistakes and return our QB, backup QB, and leading ground gainer.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Call it what you want but EWU did deserve to start last season #1. They were not the #1 team throughout the season because they lost multiple games and didn't make the playoffs. I'm saying to start the next season the defending NC deserves the #1 spot. If they truely are the #1 then they will prove it. The Bison deserve the #1 spot to start the season.

You disagree....fine.
    College football has a little thing called 'Graduation', therefore last year's Bison team no longer exists. If you think the 2012 team deserves to be #1, then vote them as such. But the 2012 team does not deserve to be #1 because of the 2011 team won the championship! Major flawed logic, any way you slice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    College football has a little thing called 'Graduation', therefore last year's Bison team no longer exists. If you think the 2012 team deserves to be #1, then vote them as such. But the 2012 team does not deserve to be #1 because of the 2011 team won the championship! Major flawed logic, any way you slice it.
    Yet that is the way it is generally done...

In fcs yes but not fbs or college basketball. I guess theres a little more an unknown factor in fcs

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    In fcs yes but not fbs or college basketball. I guess theres a little more an unknown factor in fcs
    Agreed.....

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post

Call it anyway you want, IMO it is a good starting point for the beginning of the season.

That is why there is more than 1 voter in every poll.....differing opinions.