Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Great job adding depth to an already good defense

Default Great job adding depth to an already good defense

Clearly this is an indicator that Bohl wants to win in the next 2 years. I'm liking these signings. They seem to be either really fast or really athletic. Guys with BCS looks but some sort of issues prevented them from going. Some seem to be cases of good timing. Gordon for example. If his academics were in order on signing day - odds are he goes to a BCS school. They weren't so we had some amazing timing. I'll say this. I've never been impressed with our JUCO players on offense but on defense they typically make their way into the rotation by the end of the season or sooner. Look at Brown, Dallas, Gatlin, Willson, Pike, Summerville, Thompson, etc... I hope they get their academics in order quickly because it seems like JUCO's do well when they enroll early and participate in camp early. The guys who join late tend to not do as well.

Hopefully it's not a sign of things to come with other players getting suspended, or kicked off the team. I know Don Carter and Horvath are having academic issues. Same with Boyd. That would be a CB, LB, and DT.

DE Jeremy Gordon (ndscs)
    LB/S Antonio Rogers (california)
    LB John Tauteoli (california)
    DB Andre Martin (uni - former starter 1 year remaining)

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Great job adding depth to an already good defense

Horvath will not return to the team via Kolpack's twitter.

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by tcbison View Post
    Wow, big loss!

Wtf, can me and djkyro ever get one right?!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Kind of blows. Plus we lost Lisenby too.

That class is quickly turning into garbage.

Veldman
    Lisenby
    Horvath
    Stanford
    Grimm
    Miles (never made it)

Out of 20 scholarship players weve lost 6 already. Thats 30%. And many are higher profile guys. Keep this up and in 3 years were 3-8 and wondering if we will beat UND.

I think last years class is going to be the class that carries us. Better kick some ass next year.

Good news is Schaetz and Enyi seem to be doing alright.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

It sucks that we lose anybody for whatever reason, however, I think the recruiting that has been done and is currently going on will be paying off with huge dividends. The programs reach is expanding and is more able to be "selective" with who they pursue. They can aim higher but on average still have better classes each year. If every sophomore class produces the way last years class did, I believe the Herd will for quite some time be a force to be reckoned with.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

You can't be serious. What about the Joe Horvath Bandwagon? What about the signature move of "body slam?"
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

question for hammersmith or anyone with APR knowledge. Do these departures hurt NDSU's APR?

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    question for hammersmith or anyone with APR knowledge. Do these departures hurt NDSU's APR?
    If they stay enrolled, no. If they leave NDSU, yes. If they leave NDSU while academically ineligible, double yes. I haven't kept up with APR as much as I used to, but those are the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    If they stay enrolled, no. If they leave NDSU, yes. If they leave NDSU while academically ineligible, double yes. I haven't kept up with APR as much as I used to, but those are the basics.
    yep that is wut I thought. Do they ever release the numbers?