Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SkunkApeKiller Manifesto 2.0

Default Re: SkunkApeKiller Manifesto 2.0

I like this thread. Thanks
    Last edited by CaBisonFan; 05-12-2012 at 03:05 AM.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Cant have three rounds of neutral site games. Wont get enough fans to travel.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It really is the off season....

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I like this thread. Thanks
    Not surprised....
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

O.o This couldnt be lakes, he would never advocate UND into the mix.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by skunkapekiller View Post
    I purposely skipped over all the MVC basketball schools because anything the takes away from their bball teams wouldn't fly...

sdsu's operating revenue is 12 million after their transition years and their stadium is a glorified high school erector set?
    und's operating revenue is 18 million while in the crappy Great West conferece...plus und and ndsu would be travel partners.

why would the mac wanna expand their footprint by that large of a distance? especially when they could just add ysu if they did want another fb school?
    Illinois State has already said an FBS move is in the long term plans and its fair to think they dont go independent . I think if the Missouri Valley wants to strength itself it better look at a football conference because if teams leave the MVFC some day they will lose schools that offer all sports unless Missouri State, Indiana State, Illinois State, Northern Iowa and Southern Illinois plan on staying FCS forever or dropping football to stay.

UND- if you take hockey out of the equation, SDSU has a larger athletic budget. And its much easier to renovate an outdoor stadium than it is to build a new one from scratch.

I think the MAC would be alright going west. Especially if a team like UNI or SDSU makes the Geography more western

Btw... overall I like your plan. Good format.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    O.o This couldnt be lakes, he would never advocate UND into the mix.
    I thought the same thing. As soon as I saw UND I knew it wasn't a Lakes alt.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Illinois State has already said an FBS move is in the long term plans and its fair to think they dont go independent . I think if the Missouri Valley wants to strength itself it better look at a football conference because if teams leave the MVFC some day they will lose schools that offer all sports unless Missouri State, Indiana State, Illinois State, Northern Iowa and Southern Illinois plan on staying FCS forever or dropping football to stay.

UND- if you take hockey out of the equation, SDSU has a larger athletic budget. And its much easier to renovate an outdoor stadium than it is to build a new one from scratch.

I think the MAC would be alright going west. Especially if a team like UNI or SDSU makes the Geography more western

Btw... overall I like your plan. Good format.
    whether or not the future is west or east for ndsu and und their future is together one way or other....geography hurts both schools but if a conference takes both they can hit two for ones in olympic sports between fargo and grand forks...

und's athletic budget has more room for growth over the next five to ten years between their new hockey conference (tv deal included), their addition to the Big Sky Conference, and increased alumni donations after the "death years" of transition are over?

by the sounds of it fsu and clemson might look to go to the big 12 which would lead to even more reaglinment....especially out west if the big east drops their western experiment...?

Quote Originally Posted by skunkapekiller View Post
    und's athletic budget has more room for growth over the next five to ten years between their new hockey conference (tv deal included), their addition to the Big Sky Conference, and increased alumni donations after the "death years" of transition are over?
    Maybe. Currently, UND's main problem with going FBS is their 12000-seat indoor stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Maybe. Currently, UND's main problem with going FBS is their 12000-seat indoor stadium.
    My proposal is a prediction over the next five to ten years so a lot can change for a lot of FCS teams on my list.
    Also, I really could care less how small or large some schools stadiums are because you could be like Eastern Michigan which has a large football stadium and I think they average less than 10k per game....if the Kibbie Dome is FBS worthy so would the alerus and fargodome.

Also, UND has some very rich alumni and their new lease at the Alerus is ten years and I'm betting that the administration will have funding in place for an on campus stadium ready to go when the lease ends in ten years.

With as many new millionaires made every year in nd i'm sure that either school if needed could find the donations and or state funding if needed for new athletic venues in fargo and grand forks for a jump to FBS?