Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: SkunkApeKiller Manifesto 2.0

Default Re: SkunkApeKiller Manifesto 2.0

i think the p5 motivation is a tourney that mimics the frenzy that march madness is....2 teams from a pool of 128 teams with a field of 16 isn't asking too much imo considering that those 2 schools WON their way there instead of a committee choosing who THEY think is a better matchup or a better national name for tv ratings...win your in.

even if the 1v16 and 2v15 are blowouts they are still a home game in tuscaloosa and athens on a saturday in the fall with a lot of money being made....and an experience the smaller school players will never forget...imagine being rhode island playing at alabama or ndsu playing at georgia...then imagine if they actually win!

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by skunkapekiller View Post
    i think the p5 motivation is a tourney that mimics the frenzy that march madness is....2 teams from a pool of 128 teams with a field of 16 isn't asking too much imo considering that those 2 schools WON their way there instead of a committee choosing who THEY think is a better matchup or a better national name for tv ratings...win your in.

even if the 1v16 and 2v15 are blowouts they are still a home game in tuscaloosa and athens on a saturday in the fall with a lot of money being made....and an experience the smaller school players will never forget...imagine being rhode island playing at alabama or ndsu playing at georgia...then imagine if they actually win!
    It's a fun proposal you put together here, but its not realistic.
    The FCS teams generally don't generate enough revenue or media interest. FBS/P5 won't be willing to spread the money out with FCS teams.

Your proposal would reserve 4 bids for non-P5 teams, and also allow AAC to directly compete for a P5 bid.
    Right now, there is really only 1 non-P5 bid, and if history holds true, that bid will most of the time go to AAC.

So you are replacing 1 out of 12 non-P5 bids with possibly 5 out of 16.
    The P5 keep the same 11 bids they will get today, but welcome everyone else to the party? Will never happen that way.

The P5 control FBS financially (and legislatively), and simply won't let this occur.

There are about 20 conferences in the ncaa men's tourney that probably have no business being in the tourney but they get an auto invite anyways...which is about 30%.
    If in my plan 4 get in...that is 25%.

if only people would have looked at my manifesto years ago we wouldn't be in this mess with conferences from the pacific to the atlantic....stupid

skunkapekiller for president 2024.....start the campaign

Quote Originally Posted by skunkapekiller View Post
    if only people would have looked at my manifesto years ago we wouldn't be in this mess with conferences from the pacific to the atlantic....stupid
    Stupid is thinking tradition trumps money

Anyone older than 12 years should know money is king