Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reply to McFeely (17%)

Default Reply to McFeely (17%)

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...Mike%20McFeely

When the Bison begin practice in the fall, they’ll have 15 North Dakota players on the 90-man roster. That’s 17 percent, also likely to be an all-time low.

Population (2000):

North Dakota 642200
    Minnesota 4919479
    Wisconsin 5363675
    Chicago PMSA 8272768
    Houston PMSA 4177646

(By PMSA, I mean I'm just taking the counties that traditionally make up that city's main metro area, IE that Chicago number doesn't include Gary IN and that Houston number doesn't include Galveston TX, etc)

Total 23375768

ND is 2.7% of that number.

If you take out Houston, the total drops to 19198122, of which ND is 3.4%.

If you take out Houston and Chicago, the total drops to 10925354, of which ND is 5.9%.

Looks like coach Bohl has still done a damn good job of getting ND kids on the roster.

Default Re: Reply to McFeely (17%)

When reading Mike's column, he is simply stating the facts. I did not think that he was taking a shot at Bohl or the football program.

533 In a row

Ok.

I'm just stating facts too.

McFeely wrote a good column that stated the facts. No insult to Bohl or the Bison at all. By the way, the Grizzlies only have 2 Montana kids in thier recuiting class...........

If I remember right, one of the UND poo-pooing statements years ago about NDSU's move to D-I was that local kids would have less of a chance to stay in the area to play D-I sports. I think that the kids who are D-2 material still have their options in the region, but NOW the D-I type kids can stay here rather than get picked up by someone out of the region. Seeing these North Dakota kids on the rosters should be viewed more positively because they now have the best of both: stay close to home AND compete at a higher level.

The_Man Guest

Can anybody tell me what the hell is the point of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by The Man
    Can anybody tell me what the hell is the point of this thread?

Come on now......with 6 posts you don't have the credibility to be questioning threads......

Jim_Puetz Guest

UND shouldn't be poo-pooing the lack of ND kids. They had only 4 of 24 signees that were from ND, NDSU had 2 of 17 from ND; that is 17% and 12% respectively. If you add in the preferred walk ons, NDSU is at 15%. I'd say the numbers are pretty comparable.

And compared to the populations of the other places we recruit, we recruit a much higher percentage of the DI athletes available in ND than the rest of them.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2006gwfcchamps
    http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=155791&section=Columnists&col umnist=Mike%20McFeely

When the Bison begin practice in the fall, they’ll have 15 North Dakota players on the 90-man roster. That’s 17 percent, also likely to be an all-time low.

Population (2000):

North Dakota * *642200
    Minnesota * 4919479
    Wisconsin * 5363675
    Chicago PMSA * 8272768
    Houston PMSA * 4177646

(By PMSA, I mean I'm just taking the counties that traditionally make up that city's main metro area, IE that Chicago number doesn't include Gary IN and that Houston number doesn't include Galveston TX, etc)

Total * *23375768 * *

ND is 2.7% of that number.

If you take out Houston, the total drops to 19198122, of which ND is 3.4%.

If you take out Houston and Chicago, the total drops to 10925354, of which ND is 5.9%.

Looks like coach Bohl has still done a damn good job of getting ND kids on the roster. *
    Nice job, I like the analytical animal coming out in you! It becomes you...