Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roesler article in Fargo Forum

Default Roesler article in Fargo Forum

Nice to see some Forum coverage on Laura Roesler yesterday, May 6. I hope she has a great career at Oregon and beyond.
    I still wonder how she would be doing at NDSU - with its excellent core of 800m runners (almost on par with Oregon), hometown support, and NDSU's solid history of developing its track and field athletes.

The Forum article, however, has a mistake. It said, "Roesler has one of the top 25 times in Division I in the 800 this outdoor season at 2:05.83. She clocked a career-best 2:03.08 as a freshman." This latter assertion is not true. Roesler ran 2:03.12 last year. She ran her 2:03.08 at the Jim Bush Invitational on June 3 or so when she was a sophomore at Fargo South. It remains her best open 800m time.

I might add that Roesler had a great 400m relay split last year at the NCAA nationals - I believe it was a 51.45 (or possibly 51.65) - which is a significant improvement over her 53.25 against Milbraith at the 2010 State Meet, but beyond that, her Fargo South times in the 100m, 200m, 400m, and 800m remain her lifetime bests.

I hope she has a breakthrough performance or two during the championship season in the NCAAs.

Default Re: Roesler article in Fargo Forum

This post belongs in news about ither schools..........she is not part of ndsu track.

I suppose technically that is true. She is a North Dakota (and Fargo) athlete, however. A lot of people are interested in how she is doing, including us NDSU followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    I might add that Roesler had a great 400m relay split last year at the NCAA nationals - I believe it was a 51.45 (or possibly 51.65) - which is a significant improvement over her 53.25 against Milbraith at the 2010 State Meet, but beyond that, her Fargo South times in the 100m, 200m, 400m, and 800m remain her lifetime bests.
    Wow, that is flying! Actually, 53.25 is flying too.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Wow, that is flying! Actually, 53.25 is flying too.
    Tough to use relay splits as a benchmark for an athlete's ability to cover a distance. Too many variables. No way that her 51.45 split is representative of her in the open quarter. But, all that said, it is a teriffic split.

her split was a 51.45

Here is the link:
    http://www.ncaa.com/content/di-outdo...d-live-results

When the webpage comes up, go to the final day (June 11), and click on Results for 1600m relay, women.

I was there and the scariest part of it was that she just maintained her position. There was a fellow freshman that was actually a better quarter miler than her. I am waiting for Laura to pop one.

her split was a 51.45

Here is the link:

When the webpage comes up, go to the final day (June 11), and click on Results for 1600m relay, women.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

her split was a 51.45

Here is the link:

WOW! How about Texas A & M senior Jessica Beard's meet record split of 49.14!
    She also took the title in the open 400m at 51.10.

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    I was there ...
    I'm jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    WOW! How about Texas A & M senior Jessica Beard's meet record split of 49.14!
    She also took the title in the open 400m at 51.10.
    A friend of mine saw it on TV ... Texas A&M was in 3rd place when Jessica got the baton for the final leg. He said she ran an amazing leg, catching and then passing two other great 400m performances.

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nothing beats track...especially the 4x400 !!!!

Sent from my iPhone.

"Bisonville Poster of the Year - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012"

"Hustler Man of the Year - 2011 & 2012"

"1977 Pinewood Derby Champion - Southwestern North Dakota"

"Chub's Pub & 4-10 Club Hall of Fame - 2012

"Voted Biggest DICK on Bisonville"