Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Teams NDSU needs to beat (for statistics only)

Default Re: Teams NDSU needs to beat (for statistics only)

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    For the young 'uns, all you need to know is that Bison football changed when Darrell Mudra took over as coach back in 1964.

NDSU has played 45 programs more than once in that time and has a lead in 40 of those series, is tied in 3, and is behind in 2.

It'd be kind of cool if at the end of the 2013 season, NDSU fans could say, "In the last 50 years, no team has a series lead against NDSU." (i.e. no team that NDSU has played more than once has won more games than they've lost.)

For this to happen, here's what the Bison need to do in the next two seasons:

1. Can't go -1 against Delta State or Northwest Missouri State (pretty sure that won't be a problem) Check
    2. Can't go -2 against Cal Poly, WIU, Minnesota, Sam Houston State (none of these teams is on the schedule) Check
    3. Can't go -2 against Illinois State or Southern Illinois (two games scheduled so have to at least split) Check
    4. Have to at least get a split against Missouri State (series is tied, two games on the schedule) Check
    5. Have to go +2 against Youngstown State (this is possible - two games are scheduled) Gotta win in 2013
    6. Have to go +2 against Jacksonville State (very difficult since they aren't on the schedule - I'll be rooting for the Gamecocks to make the playoffs.) Nooooooo!

If you are wondering why UNI and UND aren't on that list, it's because NDSU is +8 against UND and +7 vs UNI since 1964.

End of 2012 season updates in bold.
    Just bumping this since NDSU has done everything possible to make this happen - can't help it that there was only one game against Jacksonville State.

I'm guessing that the only FCS teams that have winning streaks against NDSU are EWU and USD (at least not during the last 50 years) and NDSU plays them both.

Just bumping this since NDSU has done everything possible to make this happen - can't help it that there was only one game against Jacksonville State.

I'm guessing that the only FCS teams that have winning streaks against NDSU are EWU and USD (at least not during the last 50 years) and NDSU plays them both.
    Thanks Tony---now that this is out again the Forum will have pictures of us holding signs that say "We Want Grand Valley State." Excuse me, "Photo Illustrations."
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

For the young 'uns, all you need to know is that Bison football changed when Darrell Mudra took over as coach back in 1964.

NDSU has played 45 programs more than once in that time and has a lead in 40 of those series, is tied in 3, and is behind in 2.

It'd be kind of cool if at the end of the 2013 season, NDSU fans could say, "In the last 50 years, no team has a series lead against NDSU." (i.e. no team that NDSU has played more than once has won more games than they've lost.)

For this to happen, here's what the Bison need to do in the next two seasons:

1. Can't go -1 against Delta State or Northwest Missouri State (pretty sure that won't be a problem) Check
    2. Can't go -2 against Cal Poly, WIU, Minnesota, Sam Houston State (none of these teams is on the schedule) Check +1 vs Cal Poly, +2 vs SHSU
    3. Can't go -2 against Illinois State or Southern Illinois (two games scheduled so have to at least split) Checks +3 vs SIU and +4 vs ISU-Red since the end of 2012
    4. Have to at least get a split against Missouri State (series is tied, two games on the schedule) Check +5 vs MoSt
    5. Have to go +2 against Youngstown State (this is possible - two games are scheduled) Gotta win in 2013 +5 vs YSU
    6. Have to go +2 against Jacksonville State (very difficult since they aren't on the schedule - I'll be rooting for the Gamecocks to make the playoffs.) Noooooo! +1 vs JSU

If you are wondering why UNI and UND aren't on that list, it's because NDSU is +8 against UND and +7 vs UNI since 1964. Now +9 v UND and +11 v UNI

End of 2012 season updates in bold.
    OK, I started this thread way back in 2012 because I wanted to keep track of teams that have winning records in their series against NDSU since 1964 (aka The Age of Mudra). (if there is only one game, it's not a series.) I've updated the quoted post in green for what has taken place since then.

So basically, there is only one team left that has a winning record in a series against NDSU since 1964: JACKSONVILLE STATE. They must be destroyed (obviously)

OK, I started this thread way back in 2012 because I wanted to keep track of teams that have winning records in their series against NDSU since 1964 (aka The Age of Mudra). (if there is only one game, it's not a series.) I've updated the quoted post in green for what has taken place since then.

So basically, there is only one team left that has a winning record in a series against NDSU since 1964: JACKSONVILLE STATE. They must be destroyed (obviously)
    Need to get that H/H. Can't rely on them to get deep in the playoffs anymore.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Their ineptness in the playoffs is making this difficult......

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Need to get that H/H. Can't rely on them to get deep in the playoffs anymore.
    This might be the year to get them at home if things work out so NDSU has a high seed and JSU has a low seed / no seed. If they have a high seed, like socalled said, their incompetence protects them from getting another beatdown.

This might be the year to get them at home if things work out so NDSU has a high seed and JSU has a low seed / no seed. If they have a high seed, like socalled said, their incompetence protects them from getting another beatdown.
    I was thinking that too. Losing to A&T might finally stop the committee from overvaluing them.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I was thinking that too. Losing to A&T might finally stop the committee from overvaluing them.
    If they win out and A&T does as well i wouldnt bet against JSU getting a Top 4 seed.