Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's this crap now???

Default What's this crap now???

Someone starting a rumor that NDSU would be somehow willing to give up a home game at the Fargodome for some Sanford donation money?? NO amount of money is worth it.

Here's what someone said on the USD board:

I've heard rumblings that next year Sanford is going to put up big money for NDSU to move the NDSU/USD game from Fargo. They want this to be an annual thing with them as the big corporate sponsor. With their huge presence in both SF and Fargo it only makes sense. I know the Bison are trying to raise big dollars for the BSA remodel, maybe it could have something to do with that?

I'm sure Bison fans won't have any issue giving up a game at the Fargo Dome and will travel en masse to wherever the game is. (utter bullshit) I heard it will be annually in SF but that like once every five years it might even be in Minneapolis.

Now, Bison fans, how would that feel?

I mean, what the hell????
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Default Re: What's this crap now???

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    [SIZE=2]Someone starting a rumor that NDSU would be somehow willing to give up a home game at the Fargodome for some Sanford donation money?? NO amount of money is worth it.

Here's what someone said on the USD board:

I mean, what the hell????
    No way it happens...Gene has said he will not give up a home game. Plus, if the source of this is the USD board, my guess is they are grasping for straws.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Gene basically said a week or so ago that NDSU has no interest in playing any neutral site games in the future. I think either saw that on the media blog or perhaps it was Kolpack's or Izzo's Twitter page.

Awesome. Thanks for setting this straight guys.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

I'd probably be ok with it if it meant we were getting the BSA finished. I'm going to the game regardless so...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Remind me...who is USD?

Sent from my iPhone.

"Bisonville Poster of the Year - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012"

"Hustler Man of the Year - 2011 & 2012"

"1977 Pinewood Derby Champion - Southwestern North Dakota"

"Chub's Pub & 4-10 Club Hall of Fame - 2012

"Voted Biggest DICK on Bisonville"

I'm not sure why we would play in SF, last time I checked Sanford is also located in Fargo. The only place where would play an annual game is Mpls and my apologies to USD but they don't have the kind of alumni base needed to make it work in a stadium like the Metrodome. UNI or SDSU perhaps but not USD.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This makes for a much more intriguing and confusing read if you read Sanford as Stanford and interpret SF as San Francisco instead of Sioux Falls. So I was really confused as to why Stanford was going to pay us a pile of money to play them in San Francisco every year, which has about the same odds of happening. I wasn't even drinking at work today.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    This makes for a much more intriguing and confusing read if you read Sanford as Stanford and interpret SF as San Francisco instead of Sioux Falls. So I was really confused as to why Stanford was going to pay us a pile of money to play them in San Francisco every year, which has about the same odds of happening. I wasn't even drinking at work today.
    When did you quit? Nobody likes a quitter.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

imho, it would be something to consider IF USD was any good and IF Sioux Falls had a kick as venue that seated 30-40k+. Then again the only team that has anything to gain at this time is USD.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt