Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NDSU at the World Championships

Default NDSU at the World Championships

Just noticed on trackandfieldnews.com that Riley Dolezal qualified for the World Championships. The link on that site was to a gobison.com article explaining how he made it. the gobison.com article also tells us that two other NDSU athletes - Erin Teschuk (3,000 St.) and Trevor Barry (asst. coach, high jump) - also are going. This is pretty impressive. Nice job Rily, Erin, Trevor.

Default Re: NDSU at the World Championships

Riley is just amazing! He just keeps getting better and I don't see him peak anytime soon. This will be great practice for Erin for the Olympics since they have multiple rounds for the worlds and Olympics. She can get used to doing the steeple multiple times in a short amount of time.

I found the article on Trevor interesting. Looks like he got the job off his athletic ability since Lars was pretty open about working with him on his coaching methods. I am still bitter about them losing Parmer. Not Lars' fault but still unfortunate.
    Last edited by Castor Troy; 08-11-2015 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Things
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

Erin is running the steeplechase in Beijing now. 2nd of 3 heats. Top 3 in each heat and next 6th fastest times advance to the final.
    Last edited by PattyBison; 08-24-2015 at 02:17 AM.

Riley throws in Group A Monday at 6AM CT.

Erin finished 10th in her heat with a time of 9:40:07. She ran a lifetime best and school record. Congrats Erin!

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Erin finished 10th in her heat with a time of 9:40:07. She ran a lifetime best and school record. Congrats Erin!
    I watched the race, was hoping maybe she could sneak into the final, but it looks like that probably wasn't possible.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Great showing and way to go Erin.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Default NDSU at the World Championships

Coach Barry skies over the 2.22m mark easily at the world championships going on right now. It's on Universal Sports Network channel 625 on DirecTv.

Sent using a Speak N Spell and an Etch a Sketch
    Last edited by bisonpride4ever; 08-28-2015 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonpride4ever View Post

Coach Berry skies over the 2.22m mark easily at the world championships going on right now. It's on Universal Sports Network channel 625 on DirecTv

Nice jump!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Coach Barry narrowly missed the 2.31m jump that would've automatically qualified him for the finals. They take all the people who make the 2.31 height. Then they take all the people who cleared 2.29m on their first attempt. Coach Barry did that and has qualified for the finals.

Awesome!!