Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Top 4 Outstanding Plays of 2011 Season

Default Re: Top 4 Outstanding Plays of 2011 Season

How about the flea flicker during the SIU game? IRC, NDSU was able to make something happen after that.
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1

Brock to Veldman at Southern Illinois game to kept us undefeated during the worst game of the year.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

One problem with ranking some of these plays is remembering the context of the game and how they impacted momentum. The THREE plays in the Title game were all really big deals at the time.

The fake punt allowed us to maintain momentum and kept them from a three and out stop.

The screen for a score on the next play was huge because we were having trouble getting into the end zone.

The interception was very big because SHSU was essentially one big play away from taking the lead. One missed tackle could have cost us the game. The INT was the dagger.

None of the above mean much without the others.

I wonder how many other plays in that game alone were affected by a player making a play that never registered with us fans because everything happens so fast. I'll bet there were plenty that just didn't get noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    One problem with ranking some of these plays is remembering the context of the game and how they impacted momentum. The THREE plays in the Title game were all really big deals at the time.

The fake punt allowed us to maintain momentum and kept them from a three and out stop.

The screen for a score on the next play was huge because we were having trouble getting into the end zone.

The interception was very big because SHSU was essentially one big play away from taking the lead. One missed tackle could have cost us the game. The INT was the dagger.

None of the above mean much without the others.

I wonder how many other plays in that game alone were affected by a player making a play that never registered with us fans because everything happens so fast. I'll bet there were plenty that just didn't get noticed.
    Yep. Wasn't there a picture perfect open field tackle by 1 of our DB's on Sincere that would have been a TD had that tackle not happened? Big plays happen all the time.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.