Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Early roster predictions before first scrimmage

Default Early roster predictions before first scrimmage

PLAYERS WHO STARTED IN 2011 -
    ON THE VERGE OF BEING SUPERSTARS

Ryan Smith – WR (last year 1st time ever as a receiver)
    Cole Jirik - DE
    Sam Ojuri - RB
    Levon Perry - DT

PLAYERS WHO PLAYED SIGNIFICANT DOWNS AS BACKUPS
    BUT WILL BECOME DOMINANT STARTERS

Grant Olson - MLB
    Carlton Littlejohn - OLB
    Taylor Nelson - TE
    Brendin Pierre – CB (started 2 yrs ago practice squad last year redshirted)

PLAYERS WHO HAVENT SEEN THE FIELD MUCH
    BUT HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO START OR BE A TOP BACKUP

Mike Hardie - DE
    Jason Pomerenke - OT
    Jeff Jerve - OG
    Jesse Hinz - OG
    Zack Vraa - WR(tough to say since he’s been hurt)
    Aireal Boyd – CB
    DeShawn Dinwiddie - LB

MOST LIKELY TO PLAY MEANINGFUL DOWNS - RFR CLASS
    Jordan Champion – CB (size says he’s a nickel)
    Andrew Bonnet - FB
    Derek Lee - TE
    Andrew Okland – WR (need a guy for deep balls. If it’s not him it will be Dee Gray)
    Josh Colville – OG (who would have thought Gimmestad would have won role last year?)

MOST LIKELY TO PLAY TRUE FROSH
    Dee Gray (if Okland doesn’t grab the deep ball / redzone role)
    DeSean Warren (kick returner)
    Jacob Davis (physically he’s ready, call it a gut feeling)

WILDCARDS
    John Crockett (if he’s eligible…)
    Don Carter (missing camp sets him back but an incredible athlete)
    Joe Horvath (missing camp sets him back but could be a great backup to Perry)
    Cooper Wahlo (anything is bonus. Big time speed but if he hasn’t grabbed a starting role by now, not sure if it’s ever going to happen)

WALKONS MAKING IMPACT – SUPRISES – WHERE THE HECK DID THIS GUY COME FROM?
    Jacob Lesar – OL (huge dude, 6-6 315 as true frosh and not fat)
    Dan Wood – DT (if Horvath doesn’t get his academics together and Lueke struggles, you have an open backup spot. Dude was 6-4, 250 as a true freshman. Maybe he comes into camp close to 300? Bonus points for Bison Pride playing at Pelican Rapids.

RANDOM WACKY PURELY SPECULATIVE PREDICTIONS WITH NO SOURCE OR INDICATIONS. I'M TALKING OUT OF MY ARSE
    Lyle Norman to DT
    Jacob Lesar to DT - Hey I never thought they would move Gimmestad to OG and watch him start and I never thought I would see Lavoy to OG so why not. Let's do a 6-6, 315 pound DT. He's probably 330 by now.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: Early roster predictions before first scrimmage

Not really a category for him but I like Daveon Dinwiddie to have an immediate impact on special teams as a returner and maybe see a few carries out of the backfield.

Carey Woods. Don't sleep on this kid as a tF. He is one hell of an athlete and I fully expect him to be a top freshman contributor.

Great thread, gabe.

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I predict Eldrick to win the masters. Anyway bet your ass on Marcus Brantley making it happen

Btw gabe what are the taxes like in rose creek?

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    Btw gabe what are the taxes like in rose creek?
    Fuck if I know. Cant afford to buy a house there. But I dont dislike people because they are well off.

Don't ruin a good thread

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Norman to DT? Good post though!

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Fuck if I know. Cant afford to buy a house there. But I dont dislike people because they are well off.

Don't ruin a good thread

Hahaha motha fennin ha
    Anyway I love these threads like seriously let's all flip a coin an then a year from now will say I told you so blahhh blahhhh. I'll promise you fools this we will be the best team west of the Missouri. Well I guess thats not saying much

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post

Hahaha motha fennin ha
    Anyway I love these threads like seriously let's all flip a coin an then a year from now will say I told you so blahhh blahhhh. I'll promise you fools this we will be the best team west of the Missouri. Well I guess thats not saying much
    If you feel that way than why are you on a message board and why are you reading an obviously titled thread.

And hell yeah I predicted Dudzik to safety. Pound my chest

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Carey Woods. Don't sleep on this kid as a tF. He is one hell of an athlete and I fully expect him to be a top freshman contributor.

Great thread, gabe.
    I put him at #1 first then pulled him off the list. I think you may be rigbt. One of the 3 frosh will probably play. Depends on how the starters fit in. I figure Smith will be the slot guy, thats probably the spot Warren plays. I think Vraa will replace Holloway but I dont know if hes fast enough to be the deep ball guy. Gebheart is the #3 guy playing outside opposite Vraa. He's fast but probably not tall enough to be the deep ball guy. Okland and Gray fit that mold the best. Deep balls is probably the easiest to learn too. Thats why I predict Gray and Okland. Gray apparently is a great blocker too. With Veldman gone we need tall targets in the redzone. I think Woods is a more balanced receiver right now but he would have to unseat Gebheart to see a ton of playing time. So that's possible. I could actually see all 3 playing if the injury bug hits.