Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former Bison Safety John Pike Looks to Continue Football Career in Germany

Default Former Bison Safety John Pike Looks to Continue Football Career in Germany

Good Lord! I hope this isn't serious. Is it still April Fool's?

The games in Germ-land look like poor-quality, under-funded middle-school JV games, complete with "We Will Rock You" blaring at every stop in play. Aside from the fact some players light one up during half time, the carbonated water & lack of proper injury care (among other things)will soon take its toll on a former Bison. I am the voice of experience!

However, I wish him all the best. I'll have to check the schedule when I'm over next month. Maybe in the south it is different than in the north. Most of the audience is moving away as the US Forces are relocating to Turkey. The natives just don't understand the game, no matter how many times one tries to explain!

Default Re: Former Bison Safety John Pike Looks to Continue Football Career in Germany

It sounded like he was only going for one season, just for the experience I would guess...I think it sounds pretty tight.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Default Re: Former Bison Safety John Pike Looks to Continue Football Career in Germany

Quote Originally Posted by NFH Schlüssel View Post
    Good Lord! I hope this isn't serious. Is it still April Fool's?

The games in Germ-land look like poor-quality, under-funded middle-school JV games, complete with "We Will Rock You" blaring at every stop in play. Aside from the fact some players light one up during half time, the carbonated water & lack of proper injury care (among other things)will soon take its toll on a former Bison. I am the voice of experience!

However, I wish him all the best. I'll have to check the schedule when I'm over next month. Maybe in the south it is different than in the north. Most of the audience is moving away as the US Forces are relocating to Turkey. The natives just don't understand the game, no matter how many times one tries to explain!
    I suppose it's something like my son spending years trying to explain the nuances of hockey. It just isn't gonna happen.

Their football is simply a lot more important to them, I suppose.

Good luck John...and thanks for your contributions to our National Championship.

Thanks for posting this NFH.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

I think its great he can continue to play the game he loves and now can make a living doing it! I'm sure he doesn't understand how different it is across the pond yet but he's a big boy and i'm sure he'll be able to cope. not to mention his kick a$$ room
    537994_3373049598185_1027640161_3323342_1654434487_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by YOUVEBEENTHUNDERSTRUCK View Post
    I think its great he can continue to play the game he loves and now can make a living doing it! I'm sure he doesn't understand how different it is across the pond yet but he's a big boy and i'm sure he'll be able to cope. not to mention his kick a$$ room
    537994_3373049598185_1027640161_3323342_1654434487_n.jpg
    As I understand it from the GFL, the players make €6000 per season!

Not sure what that means

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BisBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Not sure what that means
    6,000 Euros or about $8,500.

they use monopoly money?
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

this isnt a joke. he told one of my buddies about this back in feb

This is pretty cool. Chance to see the world and play football. He won't get rich doing it but pretty cool way to travel.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!