Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: recruits

Default Re: recruits

Nice to have more recruits from Wisconsin and continuing the pipeline from Montana

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by onbison09 View Post
    Nice to have more recruits from Wisconsin and continuing the pipeline from Montana
    It'd be great if we could get the best of the best in North Dakota to stay here. Think if Schumacher, Latham, Schiller, Rollins, and some of those guys would have stayed. I understand that some of them are just out of our league, but to build a program, you need to dominate your homestate.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

I honestly think guys of the caliber you mentioned want to be the best they can be, and I believe that they dont think they can achieve their max potential unless they go to a premier d1, big ten type school. One thing I have wondered since getting home from St. Louis is, would Pat Rollins had as good a tournament at d1's if he had spent two years at NDSU vs. Oregon State? Say Trent Sprenkle wasn't here and Rollins was NDSU starter, would he be as successful as he already has been at Oregon State?

Quote Originally Posted by calelars24 View Post
    I honestly think guys of the caliber you mentioned want to be the best they can be, and I believe that they dont think they can achieve their max potential unless they go to a premier d1, big ten type school. One thing I have wondered since getting home from St. Louis is, would Pat Rollins had as good a tournament at d1's if he had spent two years at NDSU vs. Oregon State? Say Trent Sprenkle wasn't here and Rollins was NDSU starter, would he be as successful as he already has been at Oregon State?
    That is a great question. Unfortunately, we will never really know the answer until we get a true stud (no offense to Johnson or Solberg, very good wrestlers) to stay at home. I just can't imagine Oregon State being that far ahead of NDSU. Maybe one day we will be able to keep some of these guys here. Just maybe.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

The Gophers have always "cherry-picked" the best wrestling recruits in ND. The Steiners (Century 88) went to Iowa.

Simley and Apple Valley are wrestling powerhouses in MN.....interesting to see if we get some of these kids in the future.

Oregon state finished 10th, NDSU 36th

Quote Originally Posted by calelars24 View Post
    Oregon state finished 10th, NDSU 36th
    .....and your point is?.........

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    That is a great question. Unfortunately, we will never really know the answer until we get a true stud (no offense to Johnson or Solberg, very good wrestlers) to stay at home. I just can't imagine Oregon State being that far ahead of NDSU. Maybe one day we will be able to keep some of these guys here. Just maybe.
    Just my response to this

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    It'd be great if we could get the best of the best in North Dakota to stay here. Think if Schumacher, Latham, Schiller, Rollins, and some of those guys would have stayed. I understand that some of them are just out of our league, but to build a program, you need to dominate your homestate.
    http://news.theopenmat.com/2012/04/b...n-d-stud-reis/

eventually, I'm hoping guys like this are studs we can get in our program