Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring game: freshmen to look for

Default Re: Spring game: freshmen to look for

I'm most interested in seeing Andrew Okland (redshirted last year). I'm going to call it right now that he will be the breakout star this coming season.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic";612785[B
    ]Don't write them off for the #2 spot either. Competition should be good this spring.[/B]

I am very interested in watching Lisenby and curious to how much weight he put on.
    Your right about that. I remember last year when Thorton out-played Mohler to get the #2 QB spot. I think we all will see which QB is better between Wentz and Stanford. And if either or them are on fire in the spring and Thorton is either moved or plays poorly (I don't think that will happen, but I never thought Mohler would have sucked so bad last spring) it is possible one of those two QB's could be the new #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan View Post
    I'm most interested in seeing Andrew Okland (redshirted last year). I'm going to call it right now that he will be the breakout star this coming season.
    I could'nt help but notice that Andrew Okland is not on Tony's list at the beginning of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    The Horvath absents really sucks. Me and DJ probably seem overly excited about him, but I heard tons of positive things about Joe. He gave Richard trouble in practice, thats ridiculous for a true freshman.

And, I hear more positive about another freshman DT. Brian Schaetz out of Denmark, Wisconsin. Very strong and very hard to move. Just based off what I've heard, it sounds like Schaetz and Horvath could get consistent playing time next fall and be very affective. Can't wait for some spring ball!
    Dont forget about Josh Lisenby out of Illinois. He won an under armor combine. Had some MAC offers and he is very quick. Seems a little undersized to be an every down player but could become a force on passing downs if he can get his weight up. Stoczynski played tackle at 255 so he may be good if he added 20 lbs since last year

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    I could'nt help but notice that Andrew Okland is not on Tony's list at the beginning of this thread.
    He isn't on the gobison.com roster right now - I'd imagine that he will be on the 2012-13 roster though.

jarhead is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am a big fan of Pat Williams style, 300# plus DTs, but I also remember some great undersized DTs from the past including Bison Mike Stratton, Fargo attorney Rich
    Varriano (Colorado), Alan Page (who reportedly played at 225# his last couple of years) and, probably best of all, Rich Glover of Nebraska (link below). I know the na-
    ture of the game has changed, but believe there's always room for a quick strong athlete. I was really impressed by Brian Schaetz in the scrimmage last fall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Glover