Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Butler wants into the A-10

Default Re: Butler wants into the A-10

Quote Originally Posted by ndb2 View Post
    - the summit doesn't sponsor football.

- please provide a realistic situation that is better than the summit/mvfc.
    b1g!!!!!!!!!!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    b1g!!!!!!!!!!
    Lakes probably just yelled, "PUMP IT UP!!!! WE OWN THE B1G!"
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I will say I am not talking about education.

I'm talking about athletics, I am talking about the level of support that a school has. What makes NDSU so much different than IPFW, support and support drives success.

ORU pumps a ton of money into basketball, Oakland is very well supported as well, there isn't exactly a secret to either of their success. NDSU may have joined the Summit because we were last to the party but that doesn't mean we owe the Summit anything. If we can find a better situation then by all means we should leave.
    None of the schools you referenced sponsor football. I see that as the biggest issue with the summit.

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    None of the schools you referenced sponsor football. I see that as the biggest issue with the summit.
    It's definitely caused the Summit to be more unstable than, say, the Ohio Valley Conference, which has typically been worse to much worse than the Summit in basketball.

I mean, when you've got to relocate a football program along with everything else, it's tougher to hop around.

I seriously think the Brass at NDSU needs to start engaging in talks with the MVC or whoever. I realize the MVC isnt an all sports option as the MVFC is actually separate but if the Summit Folds we are screwed, maybe they have but we need to feel them out and find out what it would take if they flat out say never then we know we need to look elswhere. Although I dont want anything to do with the Big Sky I wasnt a fan from Day 1

dont know I guess but if we lose anymore members its going to suck especially Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I seriously think the Brass at NDSU needs to start engaging in talks with the MVC or whoever. I realize the MVC isnt an all sports option as the MVFC is actually separate but if the Summit Folds we are screwed, maybe they have but we need to feel them out and find out what it would take if they flat out say never then we know we need to look elswhere. Although I dont want anything to do with the Big Sky I wasnt a fan from Day 1

dont know I guess but if we lose anymore members its going to suck especially Oakland
    - The Summit isn't going to fold.

- The MVC isn't going to say 'never'.

- NDSU has nothing to offer the Valley. It's not close, it's not had consistent success in Summit basketball, it doesn't draw well, it doesn't have a major media market. And before you get all huffy, know that all of those arguments apply equally to SDSU.

One scenario is the Summit adds UALR to replace Oakland.

Quote Originally Posted by zooropa View Post
    - The Summit isn't going to fold.

- The MVC isn't going to say 'never'.

- NDSU has nothing to offer the Valley. It's not close, it's not had consistent success in Summit basketball, it doesn't draw well, it doesn't have a major media market. And before you get all huffy, know that all of those arguments apply equally to SDSU.
    No it wont fold, but there is an Autobid that is about the only thing left that makes it worthwhile, lose that and its worthless

If Oakland leaves the Summit then I think all the schools that have football and are in the Summit should look at leaving. Right now the only ones are NDSU, SDSU, USD and WIU. Possibly join the Big Sky for a 14 or 16 team conference (not sure, are there 10 or 12 in Big Sky now)?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    If Oakland leaves the Summit then I think all the schools that have football and are in the Summit should look at leaving. Right now the only ones are NDSU, SDSU, USD and WIU. Possibly join the Big Sky for a 14 or 16 team conference (not sure, are there 10 or 12 in Big Sky now)?
    Right now the Big Sky has 13 for football and 11 for their other sports.