Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Butler wants into the A-10

Default Re: Butler wants into the A-10

Quote Originally Posted by zooropa View Post
    I doubt they'd go 12. BTW Just how many Loyolas are there exactly?
    Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California

Loyola University Chicago, Illinois

Loyola University Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland (formerly, Loyola College and the first higher education institution to bear the name of Ignatius of Loyola)

Loyola University New Orleans, Louisiana

Looks like there's 4. Gotta love Wikipedia!

Easier said than done. That's probably going to cost more than $1M per year over and above current FB expenses, and all FBS conferences will have higher travel costs for every other sport.
    Honestly if Oakland left I'd be for joining the Big Sky but if an FBS conference wanted us not sure I could rule it out since travel costs would be similar.

There is no reason to deviate from the plan!!!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Honestly if Oakland left I'd be for joining the Big Sky but if an FBS conference wanted us not sure I could rule it out since travel costs would be similar.
    Yeah, joining the Big Sky would be comparable to joining any FBS conference in non-FB travel expenses.

OTOH, I'd have a hard time trading Douple for Fullerton as a commissioner. Problem is, if the Summit destabilizes, all of the realistic alternatives suck.

We don't join the Big Sky.

The Big Sky joins US.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Yeah, joining the Big Sky would be comparable to joining any FBS conference in non-FB travel expenses.

OTOH, I'd have a hard time trading Douple for Fullerton as a commissioner. Problem is, if the Summit destabilizes, all of the realistic alternatives suck.
    I guess NDSU and SDSU could join the WAC and maybe they'd let SDSU stay in the MVFC until you get the stadium situation figured out. Of course that would suck if schools like USU, SJSU and NMSU bolt.

The only thing I can say is that the Summit without Oakland is no longer a viable conference and there is no way you can put it back together again without a lot of pain.

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I guess NDSU and SDSU could join the WAC
    Uggh. That would suck. Idaho, Seattle, Denver, a bunch of wannabes in Texas, Wyoming, It's like standing a hundred yards away from a map of the US and shooting at it with birdshot.

I guess NDSU and SDSU could join the WAC and maybe they'd let SDSU stay in the MVFC until you get the stadium situation figured out. Of course that would suck if schools like USU, SJSU and NMSU bolt.

The only thing I can say is that the Summit without Oakland is no longer a viable conference and there is no way you can put it back together again without a lot of pain.

Apparently you are new.

The Summit goes on with or without Oakland. It is better off with it, no doubt, but we should be happy Greg "I love me my sweaters" Kampe & Co.

Uggh. That would suck. Idaho, Seattle, Denver, a bunch of wannabes in Texas, Wyoming, It's like standing a hundred yards away from a map of the US and shooting at it with birdshot.
    Well there would be

Idaho-Boise State
    NDSU-SDSU
    Denver-Seattle
    NMSU-UTSA
    USU-SJSU
    Texas State-UT Arlington
    LA Tech

It's heck of a lot better than the being in the Summit with a bunch of DII schools.

Like NDSU?