Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: D J McNorton Preparing His World famouse Dish of (Texas Crow) for NFL Scout

Default Re: D J McNorton Preparing His World famouse Dish of (Texas Crow) for NFL Scout

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Is it just me or does Veldman's stats look pretty impressive?
    Comparing Veldmans numbers to the combine if he had those numbers at the combine and considering these numbers are accurate that Kolpack heard.

Vertical 5th
    20 yard 3rd
    60 yard 1st
    40 yard 5th or 6th
    3 cone 3rd
    Bench only 1 guy had less than 17 reps

Post Re: D J McNorton Preparing His World famouse Dish of (Texas Crow) for NFL Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Here are the stats from the 2012 combine. Veldman did very well except for the bench reps. He may have gotten himself drafted with these numbers should at least get a FA contract. I actually am quite surprised by his numbers.

http://footballsfuture.com/2012/combine/te.html

Unfortunately not a good showing for DJ as a 4.78 would have made him slowest at the combine except for a full back.

http://footballsfuture.com/2012/combine/rb.html
    Veldman was great today. Bench numbers are typically lower for guys with long ass arms. But he helped his stock.

DJ put up unimpressive numbers. I do know he plays fast on the field. He looked faster in 2010. I think hes been fighting nagging injuries for a long time. DJ became a better back when he bulked up and became a more physical runner. I wish he would get an opportunity to show what he can do on the fiels, where it counts because he's a complete back. Power vision shiftiness receiving ability and blocking

But I think we would all agree DJ is a bigger impact player than Veldman. Veldman has a world of potential though. Most NFL teams will view him as a project with upside

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: D J McNorton Preparing His World famouse Dish of (Texas Crow) for NFL Scout

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Veldman was great today. Bench numbers are typically lower for guys with long ass arms. But he helped his stock.

DJ put up unimpressive numbers. I do know he plays fast on the field. He looked faster in 2010. I think hes been fighting nagging injuries for a long time. DJ became a better back when he bulked up and became a more physical runner. I wish he would get an opportunity to show what he can do on the fiels, where it counts because he's a complete back. Power vision shiftiness receiving ability and blocking

But I think we would all agree DJ is a bigger impact player than Veldman. Veldman has a world of potential though. Most NFL teams will view him as a project with upside
    Damn straight, I really, really wish DJ could have run in a 4.6 range....looks a heck of a lot better than 4.78.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

DJ's numbers were highly impressive - but in a negative direction. He is FAR from a complete back. He lacks speed, strength and explosiveness, as demonstrated by these numbers. Maybe he's still hurt, but OBC said he's been working out in Texas for 6 weeks. Frankly, with this output and 6 weeks of work, it's hard to see why any team will give him a chance. He was a great teammate for the Bison, but he's no pro football player if that is his best.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightin' Bison View Post
    DJ's numbers were highly impressive - but in a negative direction. He is FAR from a complete back. He lacks speed, strength and explosiveness, as demonstrated by these numbers. Maybe he's still hurt, but OBC said he's been working out in Texas for 6 weeks. Frankly, with this output and 6 weeks of work, it's hard to see why any team will give him a chance. He was a great teammate for the Bison, but he's no pro football player if that is his best.
    Can only pray at this point that some team sees what he offers on tape and could use a 3rd down back. I have no doubt in my mind he could do well in that role in the NFL...only problem is, teams want guys that can be a full-time back if needed.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

The truth is the NFL only looks at numbers, 40 times, how high you can jump to hit a stick, that is it. They could care less about anything else imo. He won't make it, it's just the reality of the situation. He was a great Bison though, can't take that away from him. Frankly, that's all I care about, I would rather remember him as a Bison than to jump from practice squad to practice squad etc...You played well in college, take your degree, make a life for yourself. It's just my honest opinion, it has nothing to do with where he is from or what color his skin is. I appreciate him as a Bison, not a practice squad back for the Lions or what have you..

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Can only pray at this point that some team sees what he offers on tape and could use a 3rd down back. I have no doubt in my mind he could do well in that role in the NFL...only problem is, teams want guys that can be a full-time back if needed.
    Can we just stop this charade? A 3rd down back that runs a 4.8? Are you kidding? 3rd down backs are supposed to be fast. . . There are much better athletes for NFL teams to choose for their 3rd down back. DJ was a good Bison. He was never as great as OBC claimed, starting 5 years ago when OBC was PO'ed that DJ had to redshirt. You can't boast your way into the NFL.

Granted DJ still has a chance to prove himself with a team but I think it's unfortunate what the Ole Ball Coach has done here. I guarentee there is nobody on this board that wants to see DJ fail to make a team. We want him to have that chance. We all love him and he was and always will be a Bison great. But when you come in and brag someone up with blind allegiance it's going to upset people. Ask lakes.

In an earlier post you mentioned how when DJ fumbled the ball against youngstown that we were all so quick to blame him for the loss. While it's not the only reason for the loss you can't deny that had he scored on that play we could have won the game. I think it got the attention it did because it was so very uncharacterist of DJ. He made great plays, not bad ones. And rarely ever fumbled the ball. He owned up to his mistake and never let it happen again. The kid has character and is the epitome of a team player.

You thinking that we like DJ less because he is from Texas and not North Dakota is laughable. Really it's the opposite. You feel that him being from Texas should give him instant fame. Are we proud of North Dakota boys that contribute? Absolutely! But once they put that uniform on it doesn't matter where they are from. They are a Bison.

Unfortunately you've done nothing to help DJ by posting on here. We all wish him the very best in everything he does. For the people on Bisonville you've done nothing but give an upside to him not fullfilling his NFL dreams . If he doesn't make it we can all throw it in your face. There should be no upside to him not making it other than him finding a career as a professional in the work place and living well.

You've done him a great disservice on here. And my guess is if he knew how you bragged him up he would ask you to stop. He's never come off as being one who has to have the attention. But one that lets his work ethic and character speak for itself. Something we as Bison fans love to see in a player. Good day to you sir.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Fightin' Bison View Post
    You forget to post in purple? You make it sound like he had no business even starting on the Bison. Lacks strength, speed, and explosiveness? His bench numbers would have been the 3rd best at the NFL combine as someone posted already. His change of direction is very good and his pass catching ability is amongst the best for Bison backs. Did his numbers suck? Yes. But players have bad days. I think the only thing he lacks is straight line speed. The thing is how many times do we remember him getting caught from behind? I remeber once against the Gophers on a 50 yard run. The difference is he broke the ankles of the corner who tried to tackle him so without his cutting abilith he wohldnt have bebeen in a position to run for 50. A guy like Roebl would have ran over the corner, slowed down, and got tackled for a shorter run. 40 times... unfortunately thats what NFL teams look for. What got Roehl on the Seahawks? It was a 4.49 40 time in addition to his power DJ is shiftier than Roehl, cuts better, and is a better receiver. I dont think he has the ability to be an every down back but hes a perfect 3rd down back in a pro style offense similar to ours. I should have said balanced back. Not complete

Both guys are role players in the nfl. Not feature backs.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

You forget to post in purple? You make it sound like he had no business even starting on the Bison. Lacks strength, speed, and explosiveness? His bench numbers would have been the 3rd best at the NFL combine as someone posted already. His change of direction is very good and his pass catching ability is amongst the best for Bison backs. Did his numbers suck? Yes. But players have bad days. I think the only thing he lacks is straight line speed. The thing is how many times do we remember him getting caught from behind? I remeber once against the Gophers on a 50 yard run. The difference is he broke the ankles of the corner who tried to tackle him so without his cutting abilith he wohldnt have bebeen in a position to run for 50. A guy like Roebl would have ran over the corner, slowed down, and got tackled for a shorter run. 40 times... unfortunately thats what NFL teams look for. What got Roehl on the Seahawks? It was a 4.49 40 time in addition to his power DJ is shiftier than Roehl, cuts better, and is a better receiver. I dont think he has the ability to be an every down back but hes a perfect 3rd down back in a pro style offense similar to ours. I should have said balanced back. Not complete

Both guys are role players in the nfl. Not feature backs.
    So you agree with me.

And, there were more than a few posts last season that DJ shouldn't have been the starter given the production of Ojuri. And did Roehl ever make a Seahawks roster? And was Roehl ever a role (ahem) player in the NFL? If not, how could they "both" be role players. And, DJ isn't yet, so don't start counting him as one now.