Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: You Make the Call

Default Re: You Make the Call

Downstream College Answer: B can either, have the SBoHE ask the Attorney General for an opinion or, they could get enough signatures to file a petition that they be awarded a touchdown (assuming thay get enough votes in the general election).
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    If you want a headache go try and read a referee forum. I thought I might be able to learn something so I lurked one time. Talk about a headache. New language to learn first, to listen to them converse with each other. Then I thought I was getting some of it down and they would bring in the different rules in different states and different levels. Now I just pretend I know what I am talking about with football rules it is much easier.
    You guys are making me laugh. Nobody has mentioned a balk yet.

Many of the online forums are very annoying. You get some of the same chest thumping you get on fan sites and officials acting like idiots. Every state high school association uses the NFHS rules set except for Massachussetes and Texas which uses a slightly modified version of the NCAA rules (mostly minor changes in timing rules). The two main things that can be done differently locally are mercy rules and OT procedures. You'll also run into different philosophies and mechanics from state to state and that's where those pissing matches start. Fortunately I've found a private forum with a lot more decorum and good conversation.

The trains will meet in St. Louis at 4:00 PM CST, but only if the trains from New York and San Francisco have the same amount of freight.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

B leads 17 to 14 with 1:30 to go in the 4th quarter. A's ball 3rd and 10 at the A35. A10 takes the snap and drops back to pass and under pressure scrambles around the right end to the A37 where he sees B78, B45 & B55 coming at him. A88 sees his QB in trouble and comes back to help and blocks B55 in the back at the A38. A10 reverses course and retreats back to the A34 where he is hit by B45 and fumbles the ball. A32 scoops up the ball and runs to A's 40 yd line where he runs out of bounds. Assume the block in the is a foul. What are B's options and where would the penalty be enforced. What is the clock status (i.e. when does the game clock start and what is the play clock set to?)
    In state of North Dakota - assuming A is the home team say.....Kindred and B team is Casselton (insert any 2 rival schools)

Block in back....didn't see it
    Hit by B45 ....spearing 15 yard penalty
    Dead ball penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct (game ejection) B45 additional 15 yard penaly
    personal foul coach ejection on B team bench additional 15 yard penaly
    Since the playclock in Kindred starts 10 seconds after play starts when they are behind , clock is still at 1:30.
    Ball is spotted on the A 40 then 45 yards in penalties are marked off.
    1 and 10 at the B 10 for the A team with 1:30 seconds left to go.

How did I do? Do I win a prize?

But.... the math is wrong.......

penaly???

Definition penaly...the flag a homer ref throws when he is a dick helping out the home team when they are behind.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    In light of the other thread that was somewhat hijacked (I apologize for that), I thought I would create this thread to throw some situations out there and see how well we do with them. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two.

For this first play give me the NCAA and/or HS answer. They are different. A refers to the team that snaps the ball and B refers to their opponent. A and B remain the same throughout the play but offense and defense can change if there is a change of team possession.

B leads 17 to 14 with 1:30 to go in the 4th quarter. A's ball 3rd and 10 at the A35. A10 takes the snap and drops back to pass and under pressure scrambles around the right end to the A37 where he sees B78, B45 & B55 coming at him. A88 sees his QB in trouble and comes back to help and blocks B55 in the back at the A38. A10 reverses course and retreats back to the A34 where he is hit by B45 and fumbles the ball. A32 scoops up the ball and runs to A's 40 yd line where he runs out of bounds. Assume the block in the is a foul. What are B's options and where would the penalty be enforced. What is the clock status (i.e. when does the game clock start and what is the play clock set to?)
    So, excuse me for asking, but, like, what is the proper ruling? Sorry, for putting this thread back on topic.......

what time does the first train leave again?
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    what time does the first train leave again?
    Yesterday from gate circle.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Is it a bullet train?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    So, excuse me for asking, but, like, what is the proper ruling? Sorry, for putting this thread back on topic.......
    I'd like to allow for more than 1 legitimate answer (which is not correct BTW). I'm letting everyone else play and show they are afraid to answer a fairly simple rules question. Wait until I bring out the hard stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I'd like to allow for more than 1 legitimate answer (which is not correct BTW). I'm letting everyone else play and show they are afraid to answer a fairly simple rules question. Wait until I bring out the hard stuff.
    Please send me a rule book, along with references/citations to the specific, applicable rules to this clusterf*ck of a play, then give me about 30 minutes to review (which is about how much time it takes you ref slugs on the field) and I will give you your answer. It's only fair . . .
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.