Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You Make the Call

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default You Make the Call

In light of the other thread that was somewhat hijacked (I apologize for that), I thought I would create this thread to throw some situations out there and see how well we do with them. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two.

For this first play give me the NCAA and/or HS answer. They are different. A refers to the team that snaps the ball and B refers to their opponent. A and B remain the same throughout the play but offense and defense can change if there is a change of team possession.

B leads 17 to 14 with 1:30 to go in the 4th quarter. A's ball 3rd and 10 at the A35. A10 takes the snap and drops back to pass and under pressure scrambles around the right end to the A37 where he sees B78, B45 & B55 coming at him. A88 sees his QB in trouble and comes back to help and blocks B55 in the back at the A38. A10 reverses course and retreats back to the A34 where he is hit by B45 and fumbles the ball. A32 scoops up the ball and runs to A's 40 yd line where he runs out of bounds. Assume the block in the is a foul. What are B's options and where would the penalty be enforced. What is the clock status (i.e. when does the game clock start and what is the play clock set to?)

Default Re: You Make the Call

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    In light of the other thread that was somewhat hijacked (I apologize for that), I thought I would create this thread to throw some situations out there and see how well we do with them. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two.

For this first play give me the NCAA and/or HS answer. They are different. A refers to the team that snaps the ball and B refers to their opponent. A and B remain the same throughout the play but offense and defense can change if there is a change of team possession.

B leads 17 to 14 with 1:30 to go in the 4th quarter. A's ball 3rd and 10 at the A35. A10 takes the snap and drops back to pass and under pressure scrambles around the right end to the A37 where he sees B78, B45 & B55 coming at him. A88 sees his QB in trouble and comes back to help and blocks B55 in the back at the A38. A10 reverses course and retreats back to the A34 where he is hit by B45 and fumbles the ball. A32 scoops up the ball and runs to A's 40 yd line where he runs out of bounds. Assume the block in the is a foul. What are B's options and where would the penalty be enforced. What is the clock status (i.e. when does the game clock start and what is the play clock set to?)
    I have a headache.

Where did Team A get their coconuts?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I'm not sure if it's a blocking foul or an offensive foul, so I chicken out and call traveling before the foul. They always seem to get away with that. This was about basketball, right?
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Were either of the teams wearing an offensive jersey nullifying the game?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Were either of the teams wearing an offensive jersey nullifying the game?
    Yes. One of the teams was wearing pink jerseys which is against the rules so there was a 2 shot technical before the game even started.....That actually happened at a girls BB game in Nebraska recently....The opposing coach complained about the pink cancer awareness jerseys so the refs gave a technical.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

derailment.jpg
    Nothing to see here.....everyone keep moving and please don't stare at this horrible derailment! That is all.

If you want a headache go try and read a referee forum. I thought I might be able to learn something so I lurked one time. Talk about a headache. New language to learn first, to listen to them converse with each other. Then I thought I was getting some of it down and they would bring in the different rules in different states and different levels. Now I just pretend I know what I am talking about with football rules it is much easier.

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'll be the first to make a failed attempt at this.

B's options: (Attempt at NCAA interpretation)

1. Decline penalty and take result of play, 4th and 5 at the A40, if I'm reading that correctly. Play clock reset to 25 and starts on referee's signal, game clock starts on snap?

2. Accept penalty, yardage enforced at spot of foul, replay down. Situation would be 3rd and 17 at A28. Play clock reset to 25, starts on referee's signal, game clock starts on referee's signal when ball is placed?

This might change my answer, but it would matter if the ball were fumbled forward?
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Ouch. My head is spinning.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo