Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Hakstols Contract out of UND's Hands.

Default Re: Coach Hakstols Contract out of UND's Hands.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I don't think that it's been documented that the SBoHE has done anything regarding Hakstol's contract.

Personally, I think the SBoHE would have no business getting involved in staffing. That's President Kelley's job. If they don't like what Kelley has done, then their remedy would be to fire or reprimand Kelley rather than to get embroiled in something (again) that is clearly not their business.
    Well good thing that hasn't happened before!

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I don't think that it's been documented that the SBoHE has done anything regarding Hakstol's contract.

Personally, I think the SBoHE would have no business getting involved in staffing. That's President Kelley's job. If they don't like what Kelley has done, then their remedy would be to r reprimand Kelley rather than to get embroiled in something (again) that is clearly not their business.
    I totally agree that this is the AD and presidents teritory. What seems like the obvious reason for this action is if Hack had backed the retirement move with Kelly and Fasion it may have happened smoothly, though with a lot of screaming and crying, and life would have gone on at und. Now they have a 17000 signature petition that is taking up a lot of time and resourses, money being one, and may destroy UND's chances of being a legit D1 program. The other thought is that Kelly has good reason to not renew Hack's contract etc..

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by perthbison View Post
    Can someone clarify this for me. Did the sbhe do this to reprimand Hakstol or is it to protect him and assure he gets a satisfactory contract. I understand that the state board usually acts favorable to und but I'm not following which side of Hack they are on.
    Don't "Hassle the...Hack"

"Bisonville Poster of the Year - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012"

"Hustler Man of the Year - 2011 & 2012"

"1977 Pinewood Derby Champion - Southwestern North Dakota"

"Chub's Pub & 4-10 Club Hall of Fame - 2012

"Voted Biggest DICK on Bisonville"

Isn't Hakstol related to either the president or AD. Maybe this is a way to take them out of the loop so no one can say there was anything inappropriate going on in the negotiating or nepotism.

That is the only way that SBOHE should be taking this on as it is setting a very dangerous precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Isn't Hakstol related to either the president or AD. Maybe this is a way to take them out of the loop so no one can say there was anything inappropriate going on in the negotiating or nepotism.

That is the only way that SBOHE should be taking this on as it is setting a very dangerous precedent.
    Hakstol is married to O'Keefe's daughter.

We shouldn't be getting carried away by what amounts to an unsubstantiated rumor. The OP indicated that he overheard a UND Administrator. Obviously, he then knows that Adminstrator. If the Administrator was telling somebody this, that sounds highly inappropriate. Basically a fireable offense. The fact that this information has not become public makes me think the BS flag should be thrown.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post

We shouldn't be getting carried away by what amounts to an unsubstantiated rumor.
    Oh, Hakstol is not a rumor...he is real.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

This would be a bad, bad deal for higher ed if it is true.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Don't "Hassle the...Hack"

Wonder if he uses that "sign language" with the higher ed board?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post

We shouldn't be getting carried away by what amounts to an unsubstantiated rumor. The OP indicated that he overheard a UND Administrator. Obviously, he then knows that Adminstrator. If the Administrator was telling somebody this, that sounds highly inappropriate. Basically a fireable offense. The fact that this information has not become public makes me think the BS flag should be thrown.
    The longer time goes by with no secondry confirmation of this, the more correct NorthernBison becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    The longer time goes by with no secondry confirmation of this, the more correct NorthernBison becomes.
    I must have missed the primary confirmation-->anyone have a linky??!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.